Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-18-2015, 04:59 PM   #11
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: How come Indy has such a low entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero819 View Post
Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure I wasn't traveling an extra day for nothing.lol. Hope to get a chance to talk to many of you at Indy.Indy is still a special place from the late 60's traveling with my brother, to seeing my friend with stock in the 70's to now just spectating it's still a thrillto go to the BIG Go. Claude Ruel
I agree Claude. It may not be the event it used to be,, but its still on my bucket list,, since I've never attended the Nationals. Have fun enjoying it this year.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:20 PM   #12
udog1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How come Indy has such a low entries

Maybe people are waking up?????
udog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:47 PM   #13
Crew Chief

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by udog1 View Post
Maybe people are waking up?????
Everyone knows if you cannot run 8 tenths under, you may as well stay home. It use to be class winners were seated first then the rest of the field was filled in with qualifiers.
Crew Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:53 PM   #14
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,713 Times in 524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Everyone knows if you cannot run 8 tenths under, you may as well stay home. It use to be class winners were seated first then the rest of the field was filled in with qualifiers.
Realistically in stock you need to be a .90 under player to expect to get in the eliminator or win class. As some are saying maybe an all run eliminator would bring more cars. Its a great race and I have run there 2 different times but I don't think I would make the 1200 mile trip and not be able to contend for the eliminator win. With all of the new added classes more cars will equal to more class runoffs and less cars in the combo's. Just something to think about.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:24 PM   #15
modelman1960

Liked 55 Times in 22 Posts

I think Mike Pearson is more than correct. I just checked the archive for last years qualifiers at Indy and #128 was Matt Antrobuis' H/SA Camaro at -.882 under. Maybe it will be more like .95 under to make the field.
Walt
modelman1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:39 PM   #16
Casey Miles

Liked 451 Times in 85 Posts
Smile Re: How come Indy has such a low entries

I personally enjoy going to Indy as a vacation, for me it's 1250 miles to get there. I know I will not qualify, but I'll have the time of my life. It's not always about qualifying, it's being in the moment and participating. I could care less if I'm last on the Q sheet( which I have been), at least I can say I was there. You only walk on this earth for such a short time, might as well enjoy what ever blows your skirt up!

Casey Miles
248H
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:52 PM   #17
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,713 Times in 524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Miles View Post
I personally enjoy going to Indy as a vacation, for me it's 1250 miles to get there. I know I will not qualify, but I'll have the time of my life. It's not always about qualifying, it's being in the moment and participating. I could care less if I'm last on the Q sheet( which I have been), at least I can say I was there. You only walk on this earth for such a short time, might as well enjoy what ever blows your skirt up!

Casey Miles
248H
Go get um Casey. I will be rooting for you to get in!! Have a great time!!
Old 08-21-2015, 06:48 PM   #18
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 68 Times in 29 Posts

Danny you have to attend soon, I've been attending the big Go since the 70's first with my brother hauling his 56 Chev with his Nomad trying to make the field. I remember the jail on site to keep the crazies in check.I miss the motel parking lot mechanical Fest unofficial competitions. I also remember seeing s/s guys rebuilding a motor and transmission in the pits and qualifying with the said piece. Now it's a lot more quiet, safe and clean but it's still the U.S, National.Claude
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote