Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-12-2020, 02:52 PM   #161
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 847 Times in 297 Posts
Default Re: covid poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRETV View Post
Have a life long friend, hospital administrator. The hospital gets $13,000 for every Covid case and $37,000 if they go on a ventilator. This is soo wrong!!

Bret Velde
2003 FS/??
Bret,
I'm sure that's the case, probably quite expensive as it entails tons of personalized work and equipment. I have a wife that knows quite a bit about medical billing and who gets paid what, and how they get paid. She was a manager of many doctors for decades before retiring 3 years ago. I asked her about this, and this was her explanation of how this could be "faked"..

Here's the deal. There are consultation results, office notes,doctors dictation notes, everything done has a narrative report. The reason is the insurance company/medicare will question that visit or hospital stay and you must have verification. If your treatment is, and the doctors notes,consultation reports, office visits, supply's, blood, stitches ect are for a car wreck,... but your bill is coded for covid 19, ( a ventilator, respiratory treatments, quarantine ect.) red flags will fly. Their not stupid. Why would you have stitches, sponges and surgical codes for the hardware needed in a car wreck but the main diagnosis is for something totally different. Also, Medicare will randomly pick orders that look suspicious. In this case, they don't want to pay 19,500 for a medical procedure that says your car wreck should have cost 5000. It's fraud, and they will come after you. Maybe there are facilities being dishonest, but don't get caught.If found to be deliberate fraud, your facility will likely loose your Medicare privileges and insurance will not be picked up the following year when renewed..
I know nothing about it, but I stayed in Holiday Inn Express last night ... LOL
Old 06-12-2020, 03:56 PM   #162
Paul Sarvas

Liked 173 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Have a life long friend, hospital administrator. The hospital gets $13,000 for every Covid case and $37,000 if they go on a ventilator. This is soo wrong!!Bret Velde
2003 FS/??

Mr. Velde,

Starting in 1973, health care in this country became for profit. Hospitals have to make money. I would think the fees are set by insurance companies and or medicare. You didn't clarify, but I'll assume you think the costs are too high. If this is the case how many dollars do you think a hospital should receive (if any) per Covid19 case? How many dollars do you think a hospital should receive (if any) if a Covid19 patient is so sick they require a ventilator?

pS
Paul Sarvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-12-2020, 04:23 PM   #163
BRETV

Liked 598 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sarvas View Post
Mr. Velde,

Starting in 1973, health care in this country became for profit. Hospitals have to make money. I would think the fees are set by insurance companies and or medicare. You didn't clarify, but I'll assume you think the costs are too high. If this is the case how many dollars do you think a hospital should receive (if any) per Covid19 case? How many dollars do you think a hospital should receive (if any) if a Covid19 patient is so sick they require a ventilator?

PS Paul the only time I'm called Mr Velde is from my kids friends LOL
pS
Paul,

Lord knows I'm not saying the hospitals don't deserve the money, they surely do. From what I took from the conversation was that they were getting extra money just because it was Covid, so it would be easy to say patients already sick with something else could be classified as Covid and receive more funding. Which I think would be wrong. Like Randy said we probably won't know the truth, if and when it's ever investigated. I'm just saying it would be very sad if this was going on.

PS Paul, the only time I'm called Mr Velde is from my kids friends LOL

Bret Velde
FS/??

Last edited by BRETV; 06-12-2020 at 04:26 PM. Reason: change
BRETV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 05:55 PM   #164
Paul Sarvas

Liked 173 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Lord knows I'm not saying the hospitals don't deserve the money, they surely do. From what I took from the conversation was that they were getting extra money just because it was Covid, so it would be easy to say patients already sick with something else could be classified as Covid and receive more funding. Which I think would be wrong. Like Randy said we probably won't know the truth, if and when it's ever investigated. I'm just saying it would be very sad if this was going on.

Bret,

Getting extra money for treating Covid19 is warranted in my opinion. Certainly, hospitals misclassing (I doubt that's a word) patients to receive extra money is wrong. I dunno, it might be difficult to prove wrongdoing. Remember, the government passed a huge bill to deal with Covid19. Lottsa people want some of it. Mostly good guys, also some bad guys.

pS
Paul Sarvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-12-2020, 06:26 PM   #165
BRETV

Liked 598 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sarvas View Post
Bret,

Getting extra money for treating Covid19 is warranted in my opinion. Certainly, hospitals misclassing (I doubt that's a word) patients to receive extra money is wrong. I dunno, it might be difficult to prove wrongdoing. Remember, the government passed a huge bill to deal with Covid19. Lottsa people want some of it. Mostly good guys, also some bad guys.

pS
Paul, I totally agree. See we can work together!👍

Bret Velde
2003 FS/??
BRETV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 09:59 PM   #166
Stan Weiss

Liked 545 Times in 291 Posts

The last time I asked - If Covid 19 being a HOAX.

Why was POTUS taking hydroxychloroquine.

I got no answer.

Let's try again. - If Covid 19 being a HOAX.

Why is there going to be a legal Covid 19 liability waiver to attend Trump's Rally?

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-12-2020, 10:17 PM   #167
Randy Wells

Liked 990 Times in 302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
The last time I asked - If Covid 19 being a HOAX.

Why was POTUS taking hydroxychloroquine.

I got no answer.

Let's try again. - If Covid 19 being a HOAX.

Why is there going to be a legal Covid 19 liability waiver to attend Trump's Rally?

Stan
Stan the man,

don't you have some heads to flow? The reason he and pretty much anybody that has a lot of people in a large venue have them sign, no liability waiver is because of the democrat scum bag ambulance chasing trial lawyers from coming after them, with frivolous lawsuits. Hell I am sure NHRA will have the same verbiage, any buddy that went to Tulsa can you speak to this. The Democrats would throw a ringer in there with Wuhan Chinese Flu, just so they could sue his campaign. Come on man wake up.

Oh yeah before you say Randy I thought you said it was a scam, well I do believe it exist, just don't think it is nearly as deadly as the far left looneys want us to believe.

Last edited by Randy Wells; 06-12-2020 at 10:23 PM.
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:29 PM   #168
Stan Weiss

Liked 545 Times in 291 Posts

Randy,
Maybe you have not seen where places like Charlotte NC have said no to Trump for the RNC convention full of people because of Covid 19.

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-12-2020, 10:40 PM   #169
Randy Wells

Liked 990 Times in 302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Randy,
Maybe you have not seen where places like Charlotte NC have said no to Trump for the RNC convention full of people because of Covid 19.

Stan
Yes I have Stan. They use the Wuhan Flu as an excuse, why would a Democrat Governor want the RNC convention in his state if he could stop it, no brainier, that is OK NC will loose millions of dollars because of it, Florida will reap the benefits because of his decision.

Hey I need some help tuning our LT1 Camaro, bet you could get it dialed in, you should come out to Topeka and give me a hand, we would probably get a long good if we left politics out.

Randy
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 11:00 AM   #170
The ideaman

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

10 RN's at work with with one death.
https://www.nationalnursesunited.org...aring-infected

Last edited by The ideaman; 06-13-2020 at 11:15 AM.
The ideaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked