Old 01-19-2024, 07:09 PM   #151
David Lee
VIP Member

Liked 289 Times in 116 Posts
Default Re: Accusump - pros & cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
weak, try to stay on topic
what is weak is your position. but that seems to be the norm. still waiting to know these professional engine builders. the guy in a small garage that rebuilds engines is professional
David Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 12:05 AM   #152
tstickff

Liked 468 Times in 112 Posts

Quote:
I just have to

First let me remind you that because you don't have a S/SS car, nor compete in stock/super stock like myself, some here feel that not only is your opinion not valid but it's not wanted unless of course it aligns with the OP and/or the majority that reply, NOT the majority of stock/super stock racers that do not have an accumsump!

Now that said, why do you have oil control issues with your SST engine/car that based on my quick search appears to be a lower powered car.
Again….Hero…using an accumulator or accusump does not mean you have an oiling issue that you are trying to “control”, if you actually knew the true definition of what an accusump does, as many here have explained to you, and you continue to act like they have an oiling “issue”. There are tons of different style oil pans, oiling systems, that have adverse affects at either starting, top end deceleration, etc. I guarantee you all the engine builders you mentioned previously would not advise against an accusump. You’re making this more of an issue that it has to be. It’s an added device to help against bearing wear, pre lube etc. give up, you’re not as smart as you think you are and every post you make seems dumber than the previous one. Go jerk off to your “perfection in motion” videos and your I love me videos and get a hobby other than a drag racing crew chief cause your an idiot. And yes I will be at Numidia this year with multiple cars and multiple accusumps so if you want to come say hi and introduce yourself as the idiot that you are, I’ll be happy to meet you and tell all this to your face. Have a great weekend Hero!

Tim Stickles
Old 01-20-2024, 08:04 AM   #153
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 430 Times in 207 Posts

what part of the TRUTH and the FACTS don't you like?

another who can't debate a different opinion so he resorts to name calling. sad!

Come by anytime, my camp at Numidia's divisional includes, Fletcher, Biondo and Ken Miele so I'm easy to find.

No one runs an accusump that doesn't have a low oil pressure oil, usually when braking! That's an oil control is!

Again, the fact is the vast majority of stockers do not run an accusump!

Last edited by 1320racer; 01-20-2024 at 08:47 AM.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 10:14 AM   #154
1320racer
VIP Member

Your Saturday morning "jerk off" perfection in motion video provided by not only the crew chief for Bigley Motorsports but a pretty good driver too

start at 4:00

Old 01-20-2024, 10:42 AM   #155
SST159

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

Ed, you are a knucklehead!
FWIW My little low horsepower engine does just fine for me and has for 50 years.
No, I do not have oil pressure issues at all.
75 PSI on the leave and 65 PSI through the traps at 8100 rpm.
That's good for my program.
Your choices do not mean others should follow suite and the same for mine.
What is good about this forum is for the most part (other than Knuckleheads' personal attacks) someone has learned valuable info by sharing our experiences.
My wife restocked up on pop corn and beer so flame on!
Liked
Old 01-20-2024, 10:45 AM   #156
1320racer
VIP Member

says a nobody knucklehead and I don't have an oil pressure issue either

I didn't attack you but your weak ego apparently has been bruised by the truth and the facts.

Last edited by 1320racer; 01-20-2024 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-20-2024, 11:22 AM   #157
tstickff

Liked 468 Times in 112 Posts

Quote:
what part of the TRUTH and the FACTS don't you like?

another who can't debate a different opinion so he resorts to name calling. sad!

Come by anytime, my camp at Numidia's divisional includes, Fletcher, Biondo and Ken Miele so I'm easy to find.

No one runs an accusump that doesn't have a low oil pressure oil, usually when braking! That's an oil control is!

Name dropper….typical from you.
Old 01-20-2024, 11:29 AM   #158
1320racer
VIP Member

wrong, just making easy for you to find me being that you want to make this thread about you and me
Old 01-20-2024, 04:17 PM   #159
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 951 Times in 262 Posts

Quote:

Curious how a guy that has never raced in Stock or Super Stock, KNOWS that the vast majority of Stockers do not run an Accusump? Between being so busy signing autographs, patting himself on the back, and polishing his chrome coil springs, not to mention how to slow down his Big Name Pro Built engine enough, I doubt that you have spent much time looking under the hoods of "the vast majority" of Stockers at whatever track that you give the honor of gracing with your wonderful presence, let alone all the other Stockers in North America, to make such a bold statement. Virtually every Stocker in my area of Div. 1 , DOES have an Accusump on it. Maybe instead of talking about the "Big Name Professional" engine builders that you need to pay to build you a 500-600 cubic inch engine to run 10.90 with, using whatever fancy oil pan you (or more likely, your Big Name Professional tells you to use), you talk to the guys that are building 10 second 305s with iron heads, a Quadrajet, and a stock oil pan , for heavier cars, and ask THEM about oil accumulators in a Stocker. Or maybe, even with all your superior knowledge, you don`t even know what an Accusump looks like.
Old 01-21-2024, 11:02 AM   #160
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,583 Times in 1,991 Posts

Old car has an Accusump new car does not. During a freshen up in my backyard both engine bearings , 440 RB and 392 DP, look good. What I'm most happy about it the big end of the rod is still round. What I think is the biggest help in keeping the big end round is the clean neutral at the end of the run and engine shut off. It helps eliminates compression breaking of the engine.

I will install an Accusump on this years dyno session and install in the car to help on engine starts. I might want to install a sight glass on the pan to see where the oil level goes on a pull.

I'm assuming the volume of oil in the accumulator and its pressure follows the engine pressure. We charge the bladder to 20psi.

The only draw back I can think of is: three more places for a potential leak.
Larry Hill is online now   Reply With Quote