Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-11-2021, 02:12 PM   #151
Grey Ghost

Liked 210 Times in 88 Posts
Default Re: Democratic Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Frank,
Like anything else I don't use why would I spend anytime looking at how they operate?

Stan
BS!
Old 01-11-2021, 02:16 PM   #152
SSGT Mustang

Liked 203 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
Gary, I don’t believe for one second the NK has been quiet. Trust but verify...President Ronald Reagan
They stopped lobbing missiles over Japan.

Tyrants respect one thing and that's strength. They don't respect submission.

You're probably completely unaware that in last 6 months Trump has brokered peace between Israel, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the UAE and Morocco. Why would you not know about that? Because the media either didn't report it or glossed over it.

The guy covered more ground than any President that I can think of including Reagan. No new wars and all the while destroying Isis. Rember them? He tried to bring the rest of the troops home from the ME but the hawks wouldn't have it and the media fell in line with the narrative.

Please spare me the BS about covid and any other talking point about orange man bad. Had the guy been given even a hint of fairness in the press and congress he would have been able to turn around this rudderless ship of a country.
SSGT Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:00 PM   #153
Stan Weiss

Liked 556 Times in 293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Frank,
Like anything else I don't use why would I spend anytime looking at how they operate?

Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
BS!

Really? I erased my first answer. Trying not to get banded.

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:09 PM   #154
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 799 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGT Mustang View Post
They stopped lobbing missiles over Japan.

Tyrants respect one thing and that's strength. They don't respect submission.

You're probably completely unaware that in last 6 months Trump has brokered peace between Israel, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the UAE and Morocco. Why would you not know about that? Because the media either didn't report it or glossed over it.

The guy covered more ground than any President that I can think of including Reagan. No new wars and all the while destroying Isis. Rember them? He tried to bring the rest of the troops home from the ME but the hawks wouldn't have it and the media fell in line with the narrative.

Please spare me the BS about covid and any other talking point about orange man bad. Had the guy been given even a hint of fairness in the press and congress he would have been able to turn around this rudderless ship of a country.
First off, you assume too much and second, he is just another man.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-11-2021, 06:50 PM   #155
Randy Wells

Liked 1,014 Times in 308 Posts

Quote:
No assumption here the facts are there no matter how hard the media tries to hide them. Trump has done more for this country in 4 years the the last 4 administration's combined.
My neighbor is a Vietnam Vet, he use to have to drive 150 Miles into KC for cancer treatment, now he drives 35 Miles to Clinton Mo. That is all Trump.

Randy Wells
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 07:07 PM   #156
SSGT Mustang

Quote:
I wasn't trying to insult you.

The left has been lying through their teeth and doing everything in their power to vilify a guy who accomplished a lot of very important things. He's made a lot of politicians on both sides of the aisle look like the do nothing pieces of garbage that they are. How did he do that? He did his job and worked his *** off and did it without pay or kickbacks.

As Randy pointed out he made some long overdue changes at the VA. The VA has been a joke since I can remember. It was a place you didn't want to get treated. It was despicable how politicians treated and continue to treat our veterans and others who served.

I'm not saying that Trump is by any means perfect or godlike. He's not but he's also nothing like how he's been portrayed.

Strange how he was a great guy when he was giving money hand over fist to the democrats and since running for president he suddenly became the enemy?

The only war started on his watch was the war waged against him and his tens of millions of supporters by so called Americans. The establishment is by no means through waging that war.
Old 01-11-2021, 07:29 PM   #157
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Wells View Post
No assumption here the facts are there no matter how hard the media tries to hide them. Trump has done more for this country in 4 years the the last 4 administration's combined.
My neighbor is a Vietnam Vet, he use to have to drive 150 Miles into KC for cancer treatment, now he drives 35 Miles to Clinton Mo. That is all Trump.

Randy Wells
The total 2021 request for VA is $243.3 billion (with medical collections), a 10.2 percent increase above 2020. This includes a discretionary budget request of $109.5 billion (with medical care collections). Congress approved this, we now have 44,000 homeless Veterans under this administration. Your friend, I could have got him a free ride to the VA by contacting the DAV shuttle service. By the way, the VA budget increased by 35% from 2008 to 2012.

Last edited by Eddies66; 01-11-2021 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:01 PM   #158
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 488 Times in 179 Posts

Without going into details, the VA health has made huge improvements in the past 2 1/2 years. I got my cancer treatment from the largest and best civilian cancer care provider, paid for by the VA, TriWest. The VA did not have the treatment procedure that I required and 56 miles to the VA Hospital, versus 15 miles to Sun City West.

By the way Randy, when I lived in Iowa, I dated a young lady that now lives in Clinton. I will not give her name. She might be married to a good friend or relative of yours. I will say this, "she was really good in the sack". Suppose you could ask your friends in Clinton if their wife is good in the sack, if you wanted to know who she is.

Last edited by SStockDart; 01-12-2021 at 12:39 PM.
SStockDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:08 PM   #159
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGT Mustang View Post
I wasn't trying to insult you.

The left has been lying through their teeth and doing everything in their power to vilify a guy who accomplished a lot of very important things. He's made a lot of politicians on both sides of the aisle look like the do nothing pieces of garbage that they are. How did he do that? He did his job and worked his *** off and did it without pay or kickbacks.

As Randy pointed out he made some long overdue changes at the VA. The VA has been a joke since I can remember. It was a place you didn't want to get treated. It was despicable how politicians treated and continue to treat our veterans and others who served.

I'm not saying that Trump is by any means perfect or godlike. He's not but he's also nothing like how he's been portrayed.

Strange how he was a great guy when he was giving money hand over fist to the democrats and since running for president he suddenly became the enemy?

The only war started on his watch was the war waged against him and his tens of millions of supporters by so called Americans. The establishment is by no means through waging that war.
I truly don’t care about the left or right. We as American citizens need to get off our asses and quit bitching about who did what for our Vets. It takes individual efforts by reaching out to these men and women and give them a hand up, whether it is paying for meal or acting as a advocate for the get through the mountains of paperwork. How many here can say they ever lifted a finger to help a Vet. I have been fighting for the rights of my fellow service members since 1996 when I retired from the Marine Corps. As an American Legion Service Officer and a Nevada Veterans Advocate, who was recognized by two governors for my efforts. I am 68 years old and have never tired of helping our Vets and will continue until I draw my last breath. Semper fi

Last edited by Eddies66; 01-11-2021 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 09:53 PM   #160
SSGT Mustang

Quote:
I truly don’t care about the left or right. We as American citizens need to get off our asses and quit bitching about who did what for our Vets. It takes individual efforts by reaching out to these men and women and give them a hand up, whether it is paying for meal or acting as a advocate for the get through the mountains of paperwork. How many here can say they ever lifted a finger to help a Vet. I have been fighting for the rights of my fellow service members since 1996 when I retired from the Marine Corps. As an American Legion Service Officer and a Nevada Veterans Advocate, who was recognized by two governors for my efforts. I am 68 years old and have never tired of helping our Vets and will continue until I draw my last breath. Semper fi
What you do for vets is huge.

You say you don't care about left and right yet you responded to Randy with comparisons about money spent during Obama's presidency versus Trump's.

What Trump understands is that you can throw all the money you want at a problem but if you don't change the way it's administered and the people involved the problem doesn't get better. Trump brought accountability to the VA, proper oversight and efficiency. The results speak for themselves.

Randy's friend is a perfect example. Why would anyone want to travel 150 miles for care, free ride or not, when he can receive care 35 miles away? Why would anyone suggest that a person should have to travel 150 miles when care can be received 35 miles away? Never mind that the guy's got cancer.

At best it's inefficient. At worst it's insane. But that's how the government operates and that why the government is always part of the problem instead of part of the solution and that's why the government hates Trump.