Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-10-2020, 02:55 PM   #131
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,490 Times in 1,706 Posts
Lightbulb Re: covid poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Tell that to Abraham Lincoln. He fought a civil war against the southern states that were full of wealthy, slave holding Democrats and was eventually murdered by one. I wish that my Father was alive for you to tell that to. He grew up dirt poor working on a mid-western farm in a State full of Democratic, acreage owning farmers. The Democratic party being for the "common man" is just decades-old "spin".
Billy, a lot of that is union spin..Just one of the many disparate groups making up the D party coalition today.
How about the trial lawyers? There's a bunch of common folk right there.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:52 PM   #132
Paul Sarvas

Liked 173 Times in 101 Posts
Default Re: covid poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Tell that to Abraham Lincoln. He fought a civil war against the southern states that were full of wealthy, slave holding Democrats and was eventually murdered by one. I wish that my Father was alive for you to tell that to. He grew up dirt poor working on a mid-western farm in a State full of Democratic, acreage owning farmers. The Democratic party being for the "common man" is just decades-old "spin".
Hold on a minute please...Neither party is clean here...Lotsa Dixiecrats switched parties after the Civil Rights Act was passed. We know how those folks vote now. To insinuate that only Democrates owned slaves 200 years ago and it is the same party now is ( I'm being polite here) misleading.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...s-chatter-fox/

How many of the 1000 richest familiesin the USA donated money to and voted for Democrates?

pS
Paul Sarvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 05:25 PM   #133
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sarvas View Post

"Many southern whites during the 1860s and 1870s were, in fact, Democrats, and some joined the Ku Klux Klan. But there’s no evidence that the group was founded by the Democratic Party. As we’ve noted in our previous fact-checks, the KKK was more of a grassroots development."

"The men who started the Klan were southerners and almost certainly voted Democrat, but that’s a far cry from the claim that the party set up the organization," Kruse said."

You see, my friends, this is why these left leaning "fact checkers" are not a good source for anything.
Nobody ever said that the Democrat party apparatus got together and said let's start a Hate the Black People group.
When someone says Democrats founded the KKK, that statement is true...not false. It says so right above.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:57 PM   #134
John Kissel

Liked 232 Times in 94 Posts

I basically have paid attention to stuff since 1968, and have no use for politicans at all. Just think of all of the stuff they have ruined since then. Engine oil, light bulbs,house paint, cars, light duty trucks, class 8 road tractors, diesel fuel, the list goes on.Things we used to do and not think twice about, now, ya' can't do that anymore. Climate change is called seasons, in the '50s we had some bad hurricains here for a while, and that was the way it was. The smart ones want to retire the A-10 Wart Hogs that do a great job, in favor of some wizbang that will cost billions and help politicans retire. There is a lot more to say, but it is dinner time. I truly worry for the younger generations as they are gonna' have a tough row to hoe, some probably don't know what a hoe is for. I pray for this Country, Donald,and Rush every night, amongst other people, now with us or not.JohnKissel K242
John Kissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 07:22 PM   #135
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kissel View Post
I basically have paid attention to stuff since 1968, and have no use for politicans at all. Just think of all of the stuff they have ruined since then. Engine oil, light bulbs,house paint, cars, light duty trucks, class 8 road tractors, diesel fuel, the list goes on.Things we used to do and not think twice about, now, ya' can't do that anymore. Climate change is called seasons, in the '50s we had some bad hurricains here for a while, and that was the way it was. The smart ones want to retire the A-10 Wart Hogs that do a great job, in favor of some wizbang that will cost billions and help politicans retire. There is a lot more to say, but it is dinner time. I truly worry for the younger generations as they are gonna' have a tough row to hoe, some probably don't know what a hoe is for. I pray for this Country, Donald,and Rush every night, amongst other people, now with us or not.JohnKissel K242
John , I agree with you about 98% of the pols , except I feel like it's my duty to point out what frauds they are, to the younger folks.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:09 PM   #136
Paul Sarvas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
You see, my friends, this is why these left leaning "fact checkers" are not a good source for anything.
Nobody ever said that the Democrat party apparatus got together and said let's start a Hate the Black People group.
When someone says Democrats founded the KKK, that statement is true...not false. It says so right above.
"This alignment changes in the 1920s and 1930s," Frantz said, noting how black Americans were swayed to the Democratic Party as Republicans focused on law-and-order policing and Democratic President Franklin Delano Roosevelt pushed for social and economic justice.This context matters, because Elder’s claims could imply to many that today’s Democrats would have been pro-slavery in another era.

Couple things...

Just because you don't like the results, Politifact is not left leaning.

As much as you want it to be, 200 year old news is not relevant in today's society.

I'm not the forum police but the name of this thread is covid poll and you have successfully hijacked it. So here we are back at square one Teddy. Some old s hit from you and your crowd. You got nuthin on topic so you change the subject and start race baiting. Using Bill Seabrooks' question to hop in and push your agenda? WTF does slavery and the KKK have to do with Covid19 Teddy? Shame, shame, shame on you and Mr. Nees. I will try my best to keep Class Racer from becoming your favorite hangout, Breitbart News.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Could you, just once, contribute something of value to this forum?
In hindsight this is fockin laughable...Nice work Teddy.

pS
Old 06-10-2020, 09:36 PM   #137
Grey Ghost

Liked 210 Times in 88 Posts

I no longer support the Republican party and haven't since Reagan's last term ended. Never have supported the dems. Last mid terms 40+ incumbent Republican congressman walked away rather than embrace their supposedly conservative values. The Republican party as a whole is unable to lead or govern. Spineless comes to mind. Mccain/romney campaigns made Bob Dole's run in 96 look like a stroke of genius (always liked mr. Dole).

Best discription I have heard to describe a Republican politician is "They will give the dems 90% of what they want and come back home at election time and tell us how hard they worked for the 10%."

I'm a conservative that could care less what liberals think or say.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:48 PM   #138
Grey Ghost

Liked 210 Times in 88 Posts

Paul

FDR supported social and economic justice!!! Do the covid police in your state know you're leaving your house to buy crack!? That bluebood was a racist and anti-semite. He sent ship full of jewish refugees back to uropia to die in the **** camps to appease adolf. Also wouldn't allow blacks to serve in the military tell Eleanor demanded it.

Talk about WTF buddy!!!
Old 06-10-2020, 10:01 PM   #139
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sarvas View Post
"This alignment changes in the 1920s and 1930s," Frantz said, noting how black Americans were swayed to the Democratic Party as Republicans focused on law-and-order policing and Democratic President Franklin Delano Roosevelt pushed for social and economic justice.This context matters, because Elder’s claims could imply to many that today’s Democrats would have been pro-slavery in another era.

Couple things...

Just because you don't like the results, Politifact is not left leaning.

As much as you want it to be, 200 year old news is not relevant in today's society.

I'm not the forum police but the name of this thread is covid poll and you have successfully hijacked it. So here we are back at square one Teddy. Some old s hit from you and your crowd. You got nuthin on topic so you change the subject and start race baiting. Using Bill Seabrooks' question to hop in and push your agenda? WTF does slavery and the KKK have to do with Covid19 Teddy? Shame, shame, shame on you and Mr. Nees. I will try my best to keep Class Racer from becoming your favorite hangout, Breitbart News.

In hindsight this is fockin laughable...Nice work Teddy.

pS
More bS

Ken has let this run because, I'm guessing, people want to vent right now. I already said it won't last . I (Teddy) have nothing to do with that.

I hijacked nothing .I didn't even post here until page three.after the politics already started

Just because you don't like the results, it's still true.

I just showed you how the phony the "fact checker" was.. Spinning a yes answer into a no. And yet, you still can't grasp it.

I'll tell you what.

Don't address me, or my posts, and I won't address yours. I'll match informative posts with you anytime ..You only come on here to stir up political ***** with the mostly conservative audience.
You can talk to the wall, as far as I'm concerned.. In fact, it might be a fair match of wits for you.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:06 PM   #140
Paul Sarvas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
Paul

FDR supported social and economic justice!!! Do the covid police in your state know you're leaving your house to buy crack!? That bluebood was a racist and anti-semite. He sent ship full of jewish refugees back to uropia to die in the **** camps to appease adolf. Also wouldn't allow blacks to serve in the military tell Eleanor demanded it.

Talk about WTF buddy!!!
https://www.gilderlehrman.org/histor...imination-1942