HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-11-2011, 07:47 AM   #131
Dave Casey
VIP Member

Liked 614 Times in 131 Posts
Default Re: "Live" from our Southwestern Swing

Wonderful photo picture book, when our family raced west in 2001, we toured the painted desert/petrified forest, then went up the mountain thru Payson and then down into Phoenix, great memories. Thanks Larry and Patsy for the reminder of the desert beauty.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #132
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks Larry and Patsy......wish we were there.....

Rock Haas
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #133
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,557 Times in 1,987 Posts

Rock for you it would be so simple. Hook your trailer to one of the many "Official Trucks" of NHRA and tag along.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #134
John Leichtamer Jr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into your trips to show us this great country and drag racing experience you have with each other.

Hammer
John Leichtamer Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #135
Jody Lang

Liked 81 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobUnkefer View Post
With the amount of rain that fell Sat night the track got substantially soaked & water got under the rubber and caused blisters in the rubber on the track. BOTH lanes were going to need to be completely scraped, be treated with resin and then dragged repeatedly after the resin was worked in to restore the racing surface, obviously a process that takes a considerable amount of time & labor. With the amount of work that needed to be done it was felt that it would be Wednesday mid-day before the possibility of sending a car down track could even be considered.
There was considerable discussion with numerous in & out of division racers and the track owners & management before a final decision was made. Several options were put on the table & each was thoroughly reviewed & disected before the call was made to run on Thursday morning at 9 am. There was even a mapquest search done to determine how far from Noble to Reynolds & Phoenix (just about the same actually) in trying to address those who needed to travel.
Yes, it does put a strain on those that were heading east to Reynolds or west to Phoenix, and those events played heavily on the final decision. Being able to assemble the needed personel to work the track, and then staff the event had to be handled too, because like most who race, they have weekday jobs too.
Over the last 22 years being invloved in the sport I've had the opportunity to watch & listen as unfortunate situations have been dealt with, and in my opinion everyone involved deserves a huge ATTA BOY for the way this one got handled, to me it was diagnosed and thought out about as well as it could be.
Nobody likes to get rained out, nobody, but track Manager Marcia Crook, owner Todd Stephens & Division director Craig Hutchinson all worked / are working very hard to make the best out of a bad situation.
Everyone can grumble, bitch and moan all they want, but until you've walked a mile in the shoes of the people that made the call this weekend, you really have no idea the anguish involved in trying to make the best of the situation, ....FROM WHERE I SAT THEY ALL DID A HELL OF A JOB!

That's my .02

Unk
See ya in Phoenix this weekend

Thanks Bob! It's nice to hear that side of the story. I didn't know if it was all a pit problem or not.

Thanks to the Hills for all the pictures!
Jody Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #136
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

I agree with Unk, I don't think any rational person could fault the effort made by the people running things. Blame the weather man. LOL
Old 10-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #137
Dyno

Liked 609 Times in 180 Posts

I have heard that as of noon today they are still working on the track at Noble.
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #138
Richard Grant

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts

Unk, having raced Div. 4 for many years. I am not suprised by the amount of brain work that was put into the decision. Craig has made many excellent decisions over the years. In my opinion I cannot remember (although I am sure someone will) his ever making a bad decision. I have always felt that his decisions were well thought out and considered what was best for all the racers. Good job, guys.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #139
rod butcher

Liked 129 Times in 24 Posts

Noble update

Still scraping the track as of 1:20 today. Weather is sunny and 70's and there is a chance of showers tomorrow in the am. The pits are drying out and the red mud is tightening up. We should be good to go wednsday for test and tune and the weather looks good for thursday to finish the race. Its going to be a tough haul to Reynolds but thats what we racers do.
rod butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #140
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Rock for you it would be so simple. Hook your trailer to one of the many "Official Trucks" of NHRA and tag along.
Ouch!

With the weather being so nice up here....I still have the itch to race....

Rock
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote