HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-13-2024, 02:16 PM   #131
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 563 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: Trump found guilty!

Democrats voted to fine Americans for not having health insurance, now want to give it to illegal aliens for free.
Old 06-13-2024, 06:40 PM   #132
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,192 Times in 311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
You on Medicare Alan? Anyone in your family on it? Because if you have a problem with this single payer system, you should be dead set against Medicare also. Medicare has one price for all. Sick, healthy, fat, skinny ...doesn't matter. You think people on Medicare should now have spit pricing? If before Obamacare someone in your family came down with the cancer bug and at renewal time was dropped, and then when they searched only to find out they were now uninsurable, you would at least of had a taste of what we went thru. Back then, medical expenses were a leading cause of bankruptcies. I just don't understand why a magic wand happens when you turn 65? You don't understand the 100 % subsidies. My personal insurance was 1200 a month. If my income would have been under 40 grand a year, I would have received something like a 70% subsidy, and my monthly payment would have been 400 a month. There is a point where it pays it all, but it's a poverty income. I don't remember the cut off.
And as far as someone else paying for others problems? Medicare has a similar system.
"For most beneficiaries, the government pays a substantial portion ? about 75% ? of the Part B premium, and the beneficiary pays the remaining 25%. If we determine you?re a higher-income beneficiary, you?ll pay a larger percentage of the total cost of Part B based on the income you normally report to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
And your opinion on the military I agree on. You forgot about obesity. The #1 problem for the military is struggling to find young people who can even come close to getting thru boot camp. And they just keep getting fatter. Look at a picture of Woodstock sometime and count the ones who are overweight. Back then, overweight ones were the exception, not the norm.

Nope, not on medicare. And I've had cancer for two years, so I know what medical care costs. And I have been paying rapidly increasing premiums ever since they "had to pass it to find out what is in it."

I understand subsidies perfectly. The government takes in an exorbitant amount of money, and pays back a pittance, after it soaks up most of the revenue to feed the bureaucracy. That's how subsidies work. We paid stupid high taxes, the government wastes most of it, and we get back practically nothing. While the government drives up the cost of everything, especially what it subsidizes. That absolutely includes healthcare.

There is absolutely nothing that the government cannot make less effective, less efficient, less desirable, and more expensive. Healthcare is a prime example.

The U.S. government must now spend most of its money on servicing its debt, chiefly, just trying to pay the interest on what it owes. Eventually, sooner than later, the tipping point will be reached, where it cannot even pay the interest. What do you think will happen to your subsidies when the government runs out of money.

You admire Canada? Really? You should look into their MAID initiative. Yeah, that system you wish for in Canada literally counsels people to allow the medical system end their life. "You can't get an appointment to see a doctor about your illness, but, if you're suffering too much, we can get you into a medically assisted suicide facility." That's exactly right, if you become more trouble and expense than they want to be bothered with, they'll literally tell you that you should go talk to a "health care professional" about ending your life.
Old 06-13-2024, 06:43 PM   #133
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
Democrats voted to fine Americans for not having health insurance, now want to give it to illegal aliens for free.

Yeah, well, the democrats need to count those 30,000,000 illegal aliens in the Census, so they can use them to gain seats in the house of representatives, and electoral votes. Especially where people are fleeing the democrat strongholds. And they're planning to import 140,000 "gazans", like they imported the Somalians, and the previous batch of "gazans". That's why you have Omar and Rashid in congress.And three more relatively reliable democrat states.
Old 06-13-2024, 06:45 PM   #134
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
you must have been one of the lucky ones on your health insurance. before the aca was passed the average premium rise per year was 10 percent

LOL. There were apparently a lot of us. My premiums weren't going up like they are now, either.
Old 06-14-2024, 07:22 AM   #135
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 900 Times in 327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
Nope, not on medicare. And I've had cancer for two years, so I know what medical care costs. And I have been paying rapidly increasing premiums ever since they "had to pass it to find out what is in it."

I understand subsidies perfectly. The government takes in an exorbitant amount of money, and pays back a pittance, after it soaks up most of the revenue to feed the bureaucracy. That's how subsidies work. We paid stupid high taxes, the government wastes most of it, and we get back practically nothing. While the government drives up the cost of everything, especially what it subsidizes. That absolutely includes healthcare.
Y

There is absolutely nothing that the government cannot make less effective, less efficient, less desirable, and more expensive. Healthcare is a prime example.

The U.S. government must now spend most of its money on servicing its debt, chiefly, just trying to pay the interest on what it owes. Eventually, sooner than later, the tipping point will be reached, where it cannot even pay the interest. What do you think will happen to your subsidies when the government runs out of money.

You admire Canada? Really? You should look into their MAID initiative. Yeah, that system you wish for in Canada literally counsels people to allow the medical system end their life. "You can't get an appointment to see a doctor about your illness, but, if you're suffering too much, we can get you into a medically assisted suicide facility." That's exactly right, if you become more trouble and expense than they want to be bothered with, they'll literally tell you that you should go talk to a "health care professional" about ending your life.
You don't get the point that without the ACA your cancer diagnosis would have gotten your coverage dropped Alan? Why do you think you still have insurance? You have insurance because it's the law. You criticize Obamacare and it's the only reason you are insurable. You're lucky you didn't get it before 2010 when insurance companies were in charge. You remember the lifetime maximums on healthcare coverage Alan? When you reached the "Max" they were done with ya. Remember those? There gone also. If any insurance company wants to be allowed to sell insurance thru the ACA, they must not have a 'cancel when you get severely sick" policy. Even when they are selling non-ACA policies. (It's a huge moneymaker as millions are on ACA now,) so most abide. And of course, the law now mandates allowing folks to insure their kids till they are 26. So kids still going to school and such can still be insured under their parents plans. And when did I make any commit about admiring Canada. I stated all the Canadians I spoke took think theirs's not perfect but want no part of trading for ours. That tells me they want to keep it.
Most people are not keen on this stuff, as they take it for granted. Try taking it away from them and see how well it goes over. 1/3 of the United States has a preexisting condition.

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 06-14-2024 at 09:22 AM.
Jeff Niceswanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-14-2024, 08:11 AM   #136
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 887 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
So, you're good with forcing others to pay for your problems?

Because everyone was forced into "obamacare", and we all got slammed with ludicrous health insurance premiums.So millions who make less than you do got their insurance premiums jacked up so that they lost their good health insurance because they can't afford it anymore. They lost their health insurance plan, and lost access to their doctor, despite being told "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan, if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor". They got lied to, and screwed out of what they had, so you could have what you wanted. And you're good with that?

You want 100% insurance subsidies? You think the government money is FREE? Every penny the government has, it stole from a tax payer, under duress and coercion. And if the government takes $1.00, about $0.22 actually gets spent on what it was supposedly stolen for, the government itself sucks up the other $0.78 feeding the fedzilla bureaucracy. Every single thing the government "subsidizes" ends up being 400% more expensive within 20 years.

Your voting got all of us into doubled fuel prices, 50% increases in beef, pork, and poultry, an average of 9% inflation, a drop in wage growth to below 4%, a near 100% increase in the required income to buy a home, a 150% increase in interest rates, war in Europe, war in the Middle East, and more than 10,000,000 more illegal aliens, many of whom turned out to be single men of military age, and terrorists. Let's not forget the massive increases in crime (yeah, major cities aren't reporting to the DoJ to hide their problems) and the flood of fentanyl across the boarder leading to a massive increase of deaths and hospitalizations due to overdoses. Oh, hey, here's another bonus, we have $5,000,000,000 more debt, since they decided to "forgive" student loans, mostly for people who make $300,000 a year. Hey, we're going green, too, we spent $5,000,000,000, and we got SEVEN, count them, SEVEN brand spanking new EV charging stations.We're saving money on the military, too. Recruiting isn't meeting the goals because no one wants to be in the woke drag queen battalion. We're already short on ships, they can't get them built, and even if they could, they can't crew them. Oh, and fuel went up $0.42 a gallon in the south east yesterday, in about two hours. And the strategic petroleum reserves are near empty. But hey, insurance companies are forced to cover pre-existing medical conditions.

With regards to military recruiting the Marine Corps has no such problems, even during the pandemic.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-14-2024, 10:21 AM   #137
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
You don't get the point that without the ACA your cancer diagnosis would have gotten your coverage dropped Alan? Why do you think you still have insurance? You have insurance because it's the law. You criticize Obamacare and it's the only reason you are insurable. You're lucky you didn't get it before 2010 when insurance companies were in charge. You remember the lifetime maximums on healthcare coverage Alan? When you reached the "Max" they were done with ya. Remember those? There gone also. If any insurance company wants to be allowed to sell insurance thru the ACA, they must not have a 'cancel when you get severely sick" policy. Even when they are selling non-ACA policies. (It's a huge moneymaker as millions are on ACA now,) so most abide. And of course, the law now mandates allowing folks to insure their kids till they are 26. So kids still going to school and such can still be insured under their parents plans. And when did I make any commit about admiring Canada. I stated all the Canadians I spoke took think theirs's not perfect but want no part of trading for ours. That tells me they want to keep it.
Most people are not keen on this stuff, as they take it for granted. Try taking it away from them and see how well it goes over. 1/3 of the United States has a preexisting condition.

Actually, no. My insurance would have remained in effect. My mother worked in insurance for decades, I'm pretty familiar with it.
Liked
Old 06-14-2024, 10:23 AM   #138
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
With regards to military recruiting the Marine Corps has no such problems, even during the pandemic.

There are exceptions to most every rule. The Marine Corps is likely the least "woke" branch of the military.
Liked
Old 06-14-2024, 11:08 AM   #139
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 900 Times in 327 Posts

Quote:
Actually, no. My insurance would have remained in effect. My mother worked in insurance for decades, I'm pretty familiar with it.
Actually, so did my wife. For decades also. And was an office manager for multiple physicians, for decades. Unless you were protected by being in a group plan with multiple members, you were screwed. And if you lost your job and tried to hire in with your preexisting condition, they could hire you but not offer their insurance. Sue went thru that many times trying to hire good help. Because they had thousands in their group, huge corporations absorbed people with preexisting conditions and sometime in that era HIPPA came along.

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 06-14-2024 at 12:09 PM.
Jeff Niceswanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 12:29 PM   #140
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 887 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
There are exceptions to most every rule. The Marine Corps is likely the least "woke" branch of the military.

Woke! really, the only awareness Marines know is to close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver. The only color I saw in my 24 years was green!

Last edited by Eddies66; 06-14-2024 at 12:53 PM.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote