Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-27-2011, 09:04 AM   #111
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,065 Times in 327 Posts
Default Re: .90 Nationals @ Numidia Dragway

Good Morning,

I hope everyone is doing well out there and getting the itch to start racing again. Not too many new updates as of now to report. We did finally have out 1st Super Street Entry into the .90 Nationals last week as Jimmy Stack Sr. has signed up for this great event. We have a little more then a month left before the 1st cutoff at $155.00 on May 31st. As I've said before I will be at the Maple Grove D-1 event late Thursday Night till Sunday evening in case anyone wants to stop by and enter (Myself will be passing out fliers and entry forms in the lanes) or you can just come over, grab a flier and chat.

On the sponsor side we did add 1 new sponsor to the mix. I would like to Thank Jimmy DeFrank and the boys out at California Car Cover Co. who have come on board for this event. Jimmy is sending out some Cal Car Cover Product Packages that will be given to each winner and some prizes that will be raffled off to the pre-entry participants. I also have a few other irons in the fire but, nothing set in stone as of yet but, maybe before weeks end.

Rob Keister
www.dot90nationals.com
856-332-2851
rekeister@aol.com

Last edited by BKSG1198; 05-30-2011 at 08:56 AM.
BKSG1198 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:17 AM   #112
BKSG1198
VIP Member

I'm going to be meeting with Bob @ Numidia in about a month when we go up their for the MASGA Race. Anyone who has questions that they would like me to ask him please post them on the board or PM me. I've had a few people ask me a few questions that I will get addressed along with suggestions that Brian Van Poppel and Lee Zane brought to my attention after the "Combo in the Hills" race they had last weekend. Remember any feedback (please make it positive) is welcomed....don't wait till the race is over then go "I wish you did this or I wish we ran things this way...etc". Here is the list of questions that I have compiled to ask Bob.....

1. Can we Park on the Cold side (Right Side) of the track? The staging lanes are actually longer on the right hand side of the track then the left hand side which would make it a lot easier for pairings
2. Can we get Port-A-Potties brought in for the Cold Side if we can park over on the right side. According to Brian they had no facilities on the Right side and everyone had to walk over to the left side to go to the bathroom.
3. Will the ticket booth be working on that side or do they have to come around the other side and cross over?
4. Will their be a Test and Tune on Friday Night just for the .90 Racers and what is the cost?
5. Doing Random Pairings for 1st round will we have someone pulling from the lanes to do that?
6. Can we park on Thursday night for anyone who wants to go to Knoebels Park on Friday?

Add any questions you may have and I will get them addressed...

Thanks - RK
Old 05-23-2011, 08:48 AM   #113
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Here is an updated entry list going into Maple Grove this weekend. Remember a week from today will be the deadline for the first cutoff of $155.00. After Monday the fee will go up to $170 till July 17th. Seems to be a lot of interest in this race so get those entries sent in asap. I will be up at Maple Grove late Thursday night after work (My Father - whom everyone thinks is me will be up on Thursday Morning...if you would like to drop it off to him I have no problem with that just make sure it's in a sealed envelope).

Super Comp:
Jeff Serra
Jeff Livezey
Warren Harrison
Frank Lauria
Randy Winfelder Sr.

Super Gas:
Pete Luciano
Derek Clark
Tom Goldman
Ron Orbin
Earl Nichols
John Asta
George Smith
Don Koblick
Bob Keister
Mike Lauria
Delaney Richardson

Super Street:
Jimmy Stack Sr.
Derek Clark (The 1st Double Up Entry)
Rob Derr

Last edited by BKSG1198; 05-25-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:05 AM   #114
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Just an FYI I'm going to extend the 1st cutoff for a few more days till Sunday June 5th. I talked to alot of you already at Maple Grove this weekend and forgot Monday is a holiday and the USPS will not be picking up nor delivering. I will be out and about hitting some more people today at the track!
Old 05-30-2011, 09:11 AM   #115
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Entries entered after May 30th, 2011

Super Comp:
Jeff Serra
Jeff Livezey
Warren Harrison
Frank Lauria
Randy Winfelder Sr.
Kathy Smulligan
Warren Ferrese

Super Gas:
Pete Luciano
Derek Clark
Tom Goldman
Ron Orbin
Earl Nichols
John Asta
George Smith
Don Koblick
Bob Keister
Mike Lauria
Delaney Richardson
Chuck Rothermel
Tom Depascale
Lance Kreiger
Rich Price

Super Street:
Jimmy Stack Sr.
Derek Clark (The 1st Double Up Entry)
Rob Derr
Ed Sabo Jr.
Neal Vaccaro

Remember the Pre-Entries by July 17th get's you entered into the drawings for a lot of cool prizes we have to give away and every racer will get a free event t-shirt with their pre-entry.

I would also like to thank Richard Knarich (AKA Gramps Toy) who is putting up an additional $100 to the Winner and $50 to the Runner-Up in Super Street at the .90 Nationals. Rich cannot make it to the race but, he wanted to do something for the 10.90 racers.

I maybe making an appearance at Englishtown on Friday to come up and watch. Depends on my workload though if I can make it up or not.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #116
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Sorry guys and gals, I will not be able to make it up to E-Town tomorrow, work load is heavy and my boss will not allow me to take the day off. So just mail out the forms and checks and we will get you taken care of. My Next D-1 Race will not be till Atco in August (Sorry Not doing Leb Valley and Epping) but, I will be at the next few MASGA Races at Numidia & Maple Grove in June and July.

The address to mail the checks are

Rob Keister
1887 N. Delsea Dr. #152
Vineland, NJ 08360
Old 06-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #117
tom hoover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you .90 guys want to race at the most racer friendly track their is then don't miss this race. Sounds to me that Rob is committed to you the racer and I know that Bob Dimino and his family are committed to making this the best little guy track on the east coast. Check out the races this week on their web site numidiadragway.com and you will see that he is paying 20,000 dollars to the winners for a three day race. Where can you get that, and it is guaranteed. Please see for yourself check the website, Look at the total payout, did I mention that it is guaranteed not based on car count. Do you think he has the racer in mind. We will be supporting the .90 race with at least 2 super comp dragsters and a super street camaro, possibly our super gas camaro will be back on the track also. Looking forward for the racers, to make a statement, to the big boys, that this is the payout we deserve. No overpaid executives taking all the money off the top, and doubling fees at will. support yopur self and your sport, they will get the message, or this could be the direction racers need to take to survive.

Last edited by tom hoover; 06-08-2011 at 09:18 PM. Reason: spelling error
tom hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #118
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Thanks Tom for the kind words. This race has been in the works for over 5 years now and Thanks to Bob he is making it a reality. I'm excited and stressed all at the same time but, I'm ready to make this dream a reality...haha. Bob and I will be meeting up next weekend to finalize everything for the race and I will pass all the info onto you guys after our meeting. Tom if you are up at the track next weekend make sure you stop by and say Hi.

So far after the 1st cutoff we have 37 Pre-Paid Entries. Next cutoff date is July 17th for the $170.00 entry

Super Comp (9)
Super Gas (19)
Super Street (9)
Old 06-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #119
tom hoover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I will be there. Tell Bob to call me if I don't see you first. Tom
tom hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #120
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Good Afternoon Racers,

Well after an enjoyable weekend up at Numidia Dragway Bob and I put some finishing touches on the .90 Nationals schedule.

After walking around the facility and checking some things out Bob and I decided that for the best interest of the racer that we will try to park everyone over on the Tower Side of the race track. The cold side (Which where most racers used to park for the Divisional Race) has not been used in about 7 years and the return road is showing some signs of wear and tear. Besides that the ticket booth does not work on that side so you will have to come down the tower side return road anyways. The last thing I want to see happen is have someone destroy a front end or knick their paint on the return road (Even though Tommy D will be their to give quotes..haha). If by any chance we overflow with cars we can always use the field closest to the track on the cold side. This weekend we had about 175 cars their on Sunday and about enough room to fit another 25 or so trailers comfortably.

If anyone would like to show up on Thursday night and park Bob will have the gate open or I will provide his Cell Phone Number later on and all you have to do is call and he will open the gate for you.

On Friday beginning at 12pm you will have the option to run a FREE Test & Tune. The Test and Tune will last till 5pm and is open to all racers who are running the .90 Nationals on Saturday…Oh yeah did I mention it is FREE!!!!!!!!

Since the staging lanes are kind of small for the normal standards we will be splitting you up in groups for time shots and eliminations. When you enter the gate on Thursday, Friday or Saturday your tech card run card will say Group 1 or 2 for Super Comp, Group 3 or 4 for Super Gas, or Group 5 or 6 for Super Street. This is how we will determine what group we will call up for time shots and eliminations. PLEASE DO NOT LOSE THAT PERFORATED TICKET AND KEEP IT IN YOUR CAR OR ON YOU!! Numidia has 7 staging lanes so Lanes 1,2,3 will be designated for the left hand lane and Lanes 4,5,6 will be designated for the right hand lane so when 1st round comes around make sure you are on your toes cause it will be “Random Lane Pairings” for 1st round only then we will go on a ladder for 2nd round.

Bob and I also talked and we will do everything in our power to pay out the $5,000 to the winners of each class no matter how many entries we get….July 17th is coming up really quickly!

Right Now the Super Gas guys seemed to be the real ones interested in this race as we are almost a ¼ full with 21 entries. Super Street is holding at 10 & Super Comp is at 9.

Any questions feel free to e-mail me at ReKeister@aol.com.

Last edited by BKSG1198; 06-20-2011 at 09:13 PM.