HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-17-2023, 09:48 PM   #101
GTS340

Liked 1,077 Times in 338 Posts
Default Re: U/SA

Is there a Bottom Stock factor? Can I call a friend to ride along in a Q/SA.

Paul
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-19-2023, 05:00 PM   #102
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts

Ok guys n gals, so Since about 2005, I have not driven a car down a track. Nor have I kept up racing, so what's the story behind a U/SA shootout?

Not sure, but I think this is what happened.
In 2002 Pat Joffrion held the first Cajun Sports Nationals for sportsman racers, no pros or alky cars, at his track No Problem Raceway, which was the name on his race cars.
There was chatter on here about which cars were going to be fast and a couple of us U car guys talked about going and then there were a couple more and somehow the U/SA shootout was presented. Couple of people threw up some incentives and then more got going. It was fun, a shootout amongst slugs, it was on The U/SA Shoot Out. More sponsors came on board and Pat put all of us together in our own separate pit area.
Bob Shaw put together sports shirts for us and I believe the purse got up to a grand.

You can check a previous post from back then for the results titled "what really happened at Belle Rose"
Old 11-20-2023, 02:59 AM   #103
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,888 Times in 581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Gross View Post
Wow. Back in the 70's, I New Car Prepped a boat load of 76,77- 78 Aspen Wagons at the Dodge Dealership. Thinking of that time makes it hard visualizing them as Race Car. But a U/SA Shootout would be a good time. Might just have to look for a Aspen or Volare.
If anything every occurs out West I would throw my Hat into
the Ring (Although my 78 Aspen is over factored a bit).
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 06:27 PM   #104
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 352 Times in 92 Posts

just remembered there was this one guy who built a 70 AMC matador just for the shootout Bruce Fulper . (who has never done me wrong) is barred off this forum ... he was also after tueton to put up $100 win $50Ru

i think hes still got a matador

anyway we need a location and not any nhra race with the Automatic Help For Slugs (AHFS) in effect unless we go maybe on friday night as a seperate race ?? i have good relationship with D3 and Beech Bend / has open with class but its awful early unless 2025 ?
if there isnt already a class race we be a pain in the *** ...
vegas has a oddball divisional or open race that runs class i think ??

any ideas ??
like to try to double what 2005 paid was $500 / $200 plus some gift cards
sooo shooting for a $1000 USA payday > so skip and all you FFFFord guys start drooling ))
Old 11-20-2023, 06:53 PM   #105
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,154 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX JOHN View Post
If anything every occurs out West I would throw my Hat into the Ring (Although my 78 Aspen is over factored a bit).
John,
What Mopar combination do you like best for U/SA?
Frank
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 08:06 PM   #106
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,732 Times in 1,311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack McCarthy View Post
just remembered there was this one guy who built a 70 AMC matador just for the shootout Bruce Fulper . (who has never done me wrong) is barred off this forum ... he was also after tueton to put up $100 win $50Ru

anyway we need a location and not any nhra race with the Automatic Help For Slugs (AHFS) in effect unless we go maybe on friday night as a seperate race ?? i have good relationship with D3 and Beech Bend / has open with class but its awful early unless 2025 ?

any ideas ??
sooo shooting for a $1000 USA payday > so skip and all you FFFFord guys start drooling ))
Love me some U/SA ….I posted $$ for the No Problem races AND will post again …I believe you have a few options Captain…Bowling Green doesn’t run class at their OPEN in May anymore so that’s out. The SportsNats in Columbus ,Ohio does run class BUT you would have to play with their AHFS rules….Earlville has an OPEN, perhaps they would be receptive to the idea BUT there are no lights and a lot of cars there,…. If Tyler Bohannon s race is longer than one day in 2024 PERHAPS he would like to host the shootout. IT would give him another 8-10 cars for his race ….And lastly, No Problem has their OPEN in November . They don’t draw that many cars so MAYBE the owner would add the U/SA chootout …That’s Cajun talk for shootout …..Anyways, you won’t be able to please everyone BUT some big names are talking about building a car for the shootout. So sorry FULPER, I said BIG names ……
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 11:45 PM   #107
Rose Racing

Liked 165 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack McCarthy View Post

any ideas ??
Jack are you open to working with the Buckeye Stock/Super Stock or Great Lakes Stock/Super Stock? Great Lakes has a few 2 day events set up for 2024 at Mid Michigan and Ubly Dragway. Just throwing something out there. I kinda like the Open in Iowa. Its right in the center of the country for East and West guys.
Rose Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 10:43 AM   #108
Greg Gay

Liked 230 Times in 50 Posts

I’d like to see this race happen. I’ll put up $100 tow money for any and all U/SA racers with 1000 miles or more tow (one way). I hope to be at the race, but if not, contact me after the race with your address.
Greg Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 09:14 PM   #109
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,888 Times in 581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
John,
What Mopar combination do you like best for U/SA?
Frank
I have a 2 Brl set up and specific camshaft for my
78 Aspen SE wagon = Probably not the best but
it is what is in my garage.

Paul Wong would be the best guy to ask on what is
the better combo.
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 09:49 PM   #110
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,578 Times in 1,733 Posts

Cap'n ,
If you remember, the Madison double div. started on Wednesday, rather that a T&T that day. Would have been a great day for mini-shootout. Or Maybe they would consider a Monday T&T , plus our deal.
Are you working thru Tyler for that date? If not, who's the contact?
We might want to play there, but not much farther,than that, if you want to pull from 5, 6 ,and 7.
Can we tentatively agree on a 1 second under CIC in place? (for those truly interested in being involved?)