Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-01-2024, 12:11 PM   #101
pmrphil

Liked 322 Times in 137 Posts
Default Re: Fine them and then make it legal. Wowwser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythorne View Post
so what youre saying is that just because an illegally modified part passed one time that said illegally modified part is now a legal part?
..you should be a laywer...or maybe you are..............
They already did exactly that with the blower pulleys - illegal when they checked them, then made legal 2 days later.
pmrphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 10-01-2024, 04:06 PM   #102
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 7,277 Times in 1,632 Posts

Ya know, as much as I would like to think that Factory X or Factory Stock is going to be the future of Pro Stock, with only the Mustang being built anymore NHRA is going to wind up with another nostalgia eliminator on it's hands in a couple of years.
IMHO, what they should be looking into for a future "PRO" eliminator would be either (heaven forbid!) the Factory race engines in pickups (a bodystyle that isn't going away and can be kept current) or small SUVs with 2 liter turbo engines. And the advantage of the latter would be all of the manufacturers world-wide that build small SUVs and 2 liter turbo engines who COULD become involved.

I'm OK..........it's everybody else.
Billy Nees is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2024, 04:18 PM   #103
Charles Stewart

Liked 611 Times in 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Ya know, as much as I would like to think that Factory X or Factory Stock is going to be the future of Pro Stock, with only the Mustang being built anymore NHRA is going to wind up with another nostalgia eliminator on it's hands in a couple of years.
IMHO, what they should be looking into for a future "PRO" eliminator would be either (heaven forbid!) the Factory race engines in pickups (a bodystyle that isn't going away and can be kept current) or small SUVs with 2 liter turbo engines. And the advantage of the latter would be all of the manufacturers world-wide that build small SUVs and 2 liter turbo engines who COULD become involved.
Very interesting vision Mr. Nees,
Keep on,
Old 10-01-2024, 04:23 PM   #104
1matcoman

Liked 313 Times in 121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythorne View Post
and six cars is a show???
that class isnt growing much seems to me...me thinks that the racers that want to put that much effort and money into one of those cars is already racing pro stock...and with the weekly rules pencil dont see it growing much..
Pro Stock Truck drew a lot more interest than this new "class".
1matcoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2024, 04:30 PM   #105
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,356 Times in 857 Posts

The National Hot Rod Association has many decisions to make for the future of the sport don't they?

Billy Nees is correct (as usual) FX seems to be unsustainable in it's current configuration. I like the idea of Pro Stock Truck (can imagine the giant egg on their face) but it is sustainable. Pickup trucks are here forever.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2024, 04:34 PM   #106
Doug Hoven

Liked 817 Times in 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
I've wondered the same regarding the future of Factory Stock being that the mustang is the only car of the three that is still being built. I think the factory stock engines in 1/2 ton pickup trucks would be neat. Maybe another idea would be to use the newly popular "compact" pickup such as a Ford Maverick or Ranger, Chevy Colorado, Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Frontier, Honda Ridgeline, Hyundai Santa Cruz. Most of those companies makes a 2.0ish liter turbo engine. Maybe limit displacement, use a spec turbo, limit cylinder head modification. I know that imports can be a shaky subject, but they way outsell US made cars, and sure aren't going away any time soon. Maybe open up to a little wider fan base than just the "American Muscle" enthusiast.

Last edited by Doug Hoven; 10-01-2024 at 04:36 PM.
Doug Hoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2024, 04:49 PM   #107
Dan Bennett

Liked 473 Times in 109 Posts

For me, this is just another example of non-racing execs trying to save a great class they've managed to ruin. And as so often in the past, create something that people just want to look away from.
Dan Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2024, 04:49 PM   #108
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
The National Hot Rod Association has many decisions to make for the future of the sport don't they?
They sure do Frank! If they want to stay in business for a bit more than the foreseeable future.

Old 10-01-2024, 04:55 PM   #109
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,946 Times in 906 Posts

I can?t fault the logic of such a small pickup 2 liter turbo class but would the import racing subculture really be interested after they saw how NHRA treated Cary Bales? Would current class leaders be willing to make huge investments to play in a pencil whip class?
Set another place at the table
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2024, 05:01 PM   #110
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
Would current class leaders be willing to make huge investments to play in a pencil whip class?
They are making the "investments" now and tolerating the "pencil whippings"!

Ya know, about a million years ago Michael Beard proposed an "International Pro Stock" class to IHRA's Bill Bader Sr. (may he rest in peace). As I recall, he showed an interest in it but had too many other things going on at the time.