Old 12-13-2010, 09:47 PM   #91
dhmoore

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Super class survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
You mean everybody doesn't have a 600 inch motor????.......lol
man im a happy camper with my 511

i think im the only one in the U.S. that runs a 91 camaro convertible (ROADSTER) in SST
you dont think i get some dirty looks
dhmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #92
chebby2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Super class survey

Rock can't turn around cause he has big hair. I can cause I'm losing mine
chebby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:17 AM   #93
Jeff Beckman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jeff Beckman

This is great, I received no emails. So much for being a no count. I must be so bald they cant see me. My Bad they sent it to an 8 year old email adress.

Last edited by Jeff Beckman; 12-14-2010 at 02:19 AM. Reason: bonehead
Jeff Beckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:35 AM   #94
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153
Exclamation Re: Super class survey

I vote leave it alone, They think by lowering the indexes the cars will be on the stop for shorter amount of time and therefore be in a better area of the track for traction. (lessen the amount of .90 wrecks) if you lower them give it a few years and see that it made NO difference bc everyone will still just go faster, and by making the cars faster means that the now average 175 mph S/C car would be an average 180mph car. If it happened I would rather crash ar 170 than 180 wouldn't you?

S/ST you want to FIX that class? How about "NO TUBE CARS" full body cars with full frames ONLY! Back halves allowed but must retain factory firewall and/or frame rails.

And keep the Scotty rule because you wouldnt be allowing S/St guys to run other classes, you would be letting HITTERS go back into street. This would PISS OFF alot of S/ST racers when it becomes as difficult to win rounds as S/G and S/C.

That is my only post / comment for this discussion (you all fight nicely amongst yourselves)
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #95
MacNicol Racing

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc1153 View Post
I S/ST you want to FIX that class? How about "NO TUBE CARS" full body cars with full frames ONLY! Back halves allowed but must retain factory firewall and/or frame rails.
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc1153 View Post
This would PISS OFF alot of S/ST racers when it becomes as difficult to win rounds as S/G and S/C.
HUH??? I think you might have PISSED them off all by yourself with that statement.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:55 PM   #96
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNicol Racing View Post
X2

HUH??? I think you might have PISSED them off all by yourself with that statement.
Dont take it the wrong way, every class is tough to win. However look at the average winning package in S/ST in Comparison to S/C or S/G. The packages and finish line stripes are ALOT tighter. (look in ANY natl. dragster last season)

If you are .020 in S/ST chances you are even or treed the other guy. In S/C if you are .020 you are probably SCREWED. I just dont want to see hitters moving back to S/ST and taking advantage of a bigger window of opportunity.

I have done it myself, and people didnt like it, Maple Grove Dutch Classic I ran S/ST made it down to 3 cars when the engine broke, i was getting dirty looks and felt that i was not wanted there.
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #97
Rollins_2241

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I race both S/C and S/ST with about the same success (just enough to keep me coming back) and I think the S/C packages are the tightest, followed by S/G and S/ST. I'm a stats guy and pretty sure the run sheets will back that up.

However, some of that is equipment - dragsters are a little more consistent both in vehicle reaction time and downtrack (e.g. wind), and faster is always more consistent on an absolute basis (percentage change in ET) all else equal. My thumb-eye coordination sucks equally in both cars but my lights group a little better in the dragster. Finally, half the stats are from first round and S/ST is the first thing down the track in the morning, so consider that bias - everyone's guessing a little more then.

I think there are more stripe drivers in S/C, that's good and bad - some know their stuff and some try to do stuff they just don't know how to do. More guys in S/ST set up their numbers and roll the dice, at least down here.
Rollins_2241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #98
CBS jr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

From what i'm reading is....If some of you could make your perfect class backhalf, et change or mph cap do you REALLY think your going to make it to the winners circle. Its still going to be the same winners because these people work at it and figure things out. All this adds up to more cost and more rules.

One thing ...you still need grade points for nationals and NHRA has no parking at national events so classes are limited anyway. LOL

Last edited by CBS jr; 12-15-2010 at 05:12 PM.
CBS jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:31 PM   #99
SCOTT SST2871

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhmoore View Post
man im a happy camper with my 511

i think im the only one in the u.s. That runs a 91 camaro convertible (roadster) in sst
you dont think i get some dirty looks
dan you get dirty looks just from being there not because of the car you drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott fifield
SCOTT SST2871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #100
Joe Pinkston

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: Super class survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT SST2871 View Post
dan you get dirty looks just from being there not because of the car you drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott fifield
I could not have said it better myself.

Hey Dan Moore, you're #1.

RIP Mark Graham