HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-20-2024, 11:01 AM   #11
goinbroke2

Liked 210 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: C4 help needed

Thanks guys, I've been busy getting 3 mud trucks going and looking at more property in another province. Busier now than before I retired!

Billy, yes there was, but this one came directly from Broader.

Mark, "glutton for punishment" I thought by driving a fffford, that it was self evident??

I haven't even had a chance to look at the video again. However, after assembling it, I had P,R,N,locked,2,3 then after going over it again I have P,N,N,1,2,3.
It HAS to be something I'm doing as a casting flaw or grinding in the wrong place would be consistent. In this case, things are changing just by my pulling apart and reassembling.

I stuck my old valve body in that has a shift kit already and all gears work fine. The obvious question is why not leave that in and run it this weekend, the last race of the year? Because I'm having fueling issues as well now. Don't want to get to the track half assed prepared, setting myself up for failure. I have to pull that tank and install a cell over the winter.

So, when I get a break in the workload (doing a fuse panel on my 86 mustang right now) I'll get back into it. (still working on a mud run video for my off road youtube channel as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	classracer2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	71273   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	71274   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	71275  

Old 09-20-2024, 01:15 PM   #12
west coast

Liked 143 Times in 56 Posts

When ever i have these kind of in depth technicle issue, I usually step back and go back to the basics of trouble shooting. Did you do air checks? this test ever thing after the valve body, like seal ring. Tefon seal rings are usually hard to check with air. I some times I think I am to smart and read into things that are writen and not read what is auctully writen,this also applies to watching a video and your mind hears something totally differant than what is said. This happens more than i woud like to admit. So be like a child that knows nothing about it and be a sponge and soak it in. so basically forget what you know temporarily. I always bounce things off other people that are smarter then me when i get stuck in my thinking Brian can attest to this haha. And this is why you are posting here. All 3 of my trans have Broader valve body kits. The first two were the do it your self, which he doesnt sell any more. the last one was the one with the half of the valve body with the kit which is the one in the video i did. I have not done a trans brake valvebody yet. let us know when you fix it, we all will learn something.
Old 09-20-2024, 02:32 PM   #13
goinbroke2

" read into things that are written and not read what is actually written" We might have a winner! LOL!

Dad always told me "learn to take a break, don't work until you quit" which is quite appropriate right now. Even had a guy about 20 minutes ago see me in a store and ask if I'm going racing this weekend....had to say no but of course got me thinking "what if I just put the other valve body back in"...STOP IT! lol!

Definitely have to start at the beginning and as you say "be a sponge and soak it all up". I'm not a transmission guy, I'm a " I can do that or figure it out as I go" type of guy. In this case I have to go back and figure it out.
Old 09-24-2024, 09:18 AM   #14
goinbroke2

Was at a car show this weekend held by Ricky Rood performance transmissions, talked to Ricky for a bit and just pulled the valve body out again. I'm going to bite the bullet and let him go through it. Sometimes you just have to let the professionals look at it, LOL!!

More to follow