Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-14-2024, 06:11 PM   #11
The Hawk
VIP Member

Liked 248 Times in 106 Posts
Send a message via AIM to The Hawk
Default Re: Flying H Dragstrip

First off,comparing a brand new raw track with a track that just closed is a mute point. Bandimere is closed. I`ve heard of racers swearing they`d never go back to Gainseville or Indy because they thought the tracks were an armpit. That`s irrelevant as well isn`t it?I look forward to participating at Flying H this fall.

It`s Not What You Drive That Wins....It`s How You Drive It
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 06:46 PM   #12
Cglrcng

Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts

Watching on NHRA TV and it sounds like the rains came in last night and mirred or stranded some classes in very wet areas as it is mid afternoon and some classes have yet to run today. Allowing another 4 hrs ir so (now overnight), for areas to dry out as they are in road building mode with compactable gravel. Will be starting at 7:30 AM Saturday w/ Super Street E1, finishing race 1, then 1 Q or TT for all classes, and right into E1
on Sunday AM for race 2. Good luck D5 getting it all in.
Old 06-14-2024, 07:54 PM   #13
Randy Wells

Liked 1,021 Times in 309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
I don't really think the place is 100% finished yet, give it some time. We should all be happy there is a NEW TRACK when so many are disappearing off the schedule.

I think the plan was for it to be completely finished by the time a National or D5 race came around, the weather play Havov on stuff, can't control Ma Nature, I'm sure it would have prob been smart to do a single D5 race instead of a double but, then everyone would complain because you only had 5 races or no doubles.

WE ALL KNOW the quotas aren't going to be anything over 60 per class for a National

So the question is are the pits better then Denver?
Every race I went to at Bandimere, points and national I parked in the Dirt, and the dang sage brush. Much better then Denver, and its not done.

Randy Wells
I/S 5628
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 08:45 PM   #14
J.R. Haddad

Liked 918 Times in 206 Posts

There have been some growing pains for sure. The layout of the track is indeed unique. However, those things are now in place and we will learn to work with them. The track staff, The NHRA Staff, and everyone that has been hired to help cure some of the ailments have all been superb. The track is excellent, same at the transition's, and everywhere else. We will get this race off, and by mid next week, all we will remember is who won. And if they can turn a soyabean field into what they have in a year, next year we will think we are at one of top 3 tracks in the Nation. Congratulations to all involved.

J.R.
J.R. Haddad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 10:18 PM   #15
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 509 Times in 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Howard View Post
If Kurt was involved in laying this track out he should have been fired the first day.There has been a lot of money put into this place and it has a lot of potential, if you aren?t on the asphalt it sucks. You cannot keep your car clean, period. Dust everywhere, and along drive to and from pits, the layout is horrible, there is no way you could hold a national event here. The staging lanes are not set up for a national event, and I have no idea where spectators would park.
Have you ever been to the Texas Motorplex.
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-14-2024, 10:21 PM   #16
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 509 Times in 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Howard View Post
If Kurt was involved in laying this track out he should have been fired the first day.There has been a lot of money put into this place and it has a lot of potential, if you aren?t on the asphalt it sucks. You cannot keep your car clean, period. Dust everywhere, and along drive to and from pits, the layout is horrible, there is no way you could hold a national event here. The staging lanes are not set up for a national event, and I have no idea where spectators would park.
Have you ever been to the Texas Motorplex. It?s the real dust bowl and it?s been there since the 80?s and Billy ?I?m a cheapskate Meyer? has never spent a dime on the pits for sportsman. You clean your car, trailer, golf cart, and equipment for months after racing there.
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 11:21 PM   #17
nickh

Liked 284 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Carpenter View Post
Have you ever been to the Texas Motorplex. It?s the real dust bowl and it?s been there since the 80?s and Billy ?I?m a cheapskate Meyer? has never spent a dime on the pits for sportsman. You clean your car, trailer, golf cart, and equipment for months after racing there.
Ed the sad part is that all they have to do is call around to some of the construction companies, they get scrap asphalt, seconds concrete, anything would be better than what it is, I am with you on the dust bowl. You cannot tell me that Billy ain't got the coin to make it right.

Just like in Baytown, and they even owned a paving company and they still would not throw some scraps down for sportsman racers.
nickh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 08:36 AM   #18
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,154 Times in 786 Posts

They should send a survey to every racer entered this weekend.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-15-2024, 07:52 PM   #19
Kingpen

Liked 61 Times in 22 Posts

Maybe it is just me,but watching the race on YouTube,the announcer during SS rnd1 sounded very much like Bob Unkefer..anybody else hear what I hear??maybe just miss his voice and you know how the rest goes?.Victor Penrod
Kingpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 08:47 PM   #20
texasoutlaw89

Liked 85 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpen View Post
Maybe it is just me,but watching the race on YouTube,the announcer during SS rnd1 sounded very much like Bob Unkefer..anybody else hear what I hear??maybe just miss his voice and you know how the rest goes?.Victor Penrod
Very much so. Sitting in the tower with him is the same way. We addressed it over the PA a little bit ago. Definitely brings back a lot of memories.