HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-20-2015, 11:41 AM   #1
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default LIVE from Cordova, IL - double header Summit Pro-Am

Thanks to Tom Russell at Russell Performance thrashing the Volare back together after a great deal or carnage last week (u-joint, driveshaft, 4-link diagonal, and trans sprag), I was able to make it to Cordova (barely!). Had a 5-6 hour round trip to get the car, then made it as far as Bloomington, IL last night, then finished the trip this morning. I'm not the long-haul, as Brent Darroch (PA) and AH Adkins (WV) are here chasing points as well.

I thought it was supposed to be warm this weekend, but other than the high humidity, it's actually gorgeous: 71.4F, 72%, 29.23B totalling up for 2,176' DA, and a slight headwind that seems to be picking up a little.

Round 1 qualifying is already in the books, and steamrolling into Q2. Watch LIVE on www.motormaniatv.com!

Heartland S/SS Combo tonight as well... Stay tuned!
Old 06-20-2015, 04:41 PM   #2
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Default Re: LIVE from Cordova, IL - double header Summit Pro-Am

Got through round one of eliminations, followed by a little rain shower. It's cleared up beautifully and we should be back to action shortly.

Pics, qualifying and ladders on www.facebook.com/LooseRocker
Old 06-21-2015, 12:23 AM   #3
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Anogher shower caught up with us this evening, putting the damper on any hopes of running the Heartland series Combo race tonight. There are three Pro-Am finals left to run, which they'll do in the morning. Stock and Super Stock were completed today, however. Matt Lund got the W in Super Stock when Scott Stillings fouled, and Mike Lund captured the Stock title over Johhny Diekema.

The highlight of the event was Mike Lund's stellar heads-up performance against Leonard Mattingly in the semis. On paper, Mattingly had Lund covered more than three tenths in qualifying. Lund threw the kitchen sink at it, was perfect .000 on the tree, and weighed dead perfect on the scales, which combined with a huge performance improvement led to a win light. That's why we don't race them on paper!

Not a heads-up obviously, but Stillings and I had a barn-burner as usual second round. .009 to his .008. He gave me .018 stripe to go .01 above and I was under .002. Always tough!

I got a chance to meet Kenny and Amy Faulk today, sweet folks!
Old 06-21-2015, 11:20 AM   #4
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Sunday is here, plenty humid, but nice blue skies to finish off the Summit Pro-Am double-header. Many of the Stockers were about .04 slow today, but yesterday's headwind has given way to a tailwind today that started to flirt with the flags by the time Super Stock ran their lone qualifying session. Weather: 77.8F, 72%, 29.25, 2,708' DA. There was plenty of gamesmanship in Super Stock with switching of classes and 1000' runs, so it will be interesting to see how the ladder shakes out.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:30 AM   #5
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Congratulations to the Sunday finalists -- Rob Turkal laid down a .003 package in the finals of Stock after local racer James Thompson, Jr. turned it red in Jim Peterson's truck. In Super Stock, Jason DeForrest got the better of reigning World Champion Scott Stillings.

From DragStory.com:
Full results: http://dragstory.com/forum/index.php?board=189.0
Photo Gallery: http://dragstory.com/photo/thumbnails.php?album=450