HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #21
Michael Pliska

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Cha-Ching........$150.00 Please

As mentioned above, this sucks even more that they gave no notice about this. I could have had my chassis recertified at any time, but was waiting until I was closer to having the car on the track (having paid for 2 certs over the last several years which expired before the car ever saw the outside of the trailer). I was planning to get mine recertified next week. I think I'm just going to bracket race my S/G car, and keep it in the 10's and below 135 mph (and skip the recertification). I've got my license renewal and NHRA membership renewal coming up, so it all adds up to a pretty big amount (especially given that I'm at 60% of my normal salary). I wish I still lived in North Carolina, where I wouldn't be hostage to NHRA...
Old 04-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #22
Carl Juliano

Liked 63 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG1809 View Post
Carl,

Remember when we were hangin out and Dad & I both said " it ain't as much fun as it used to be" Well here are some more reasons why.

Regards to all,

Pat I.
Yes, Pat I remember, all the nonsense mentioned above makes the Nationals more of a headache than an enjoyable event. We dont miss them. We'll stick to the division and open series, I might even try an IHRA double race weekend to see how that is. We are skipping the Va. race, I cant justify a 9hr ride for a D1 race. I'd rather go 4.5 hrs to IHRA Skyview Drags 1/8, and run 2 div in 1 weekend, or go to Epping 5.5hrs and do the same. If it wasnt for an engine issue, I'd be going to MIR for a double dip next weekend.
Carl Juliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #23
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,065 Times in 327 Posts

Originally Posted by BKSG1198
EVENTUALLY NHRA WILL FIGURE OUT THAT THE SPORTSMAN RACER IS THE BACKBONE OF THE ASSOCIATION

No they won't cause ya'll just keep on goin!! I really feel bad for the guys on the west coast!! As I stated in another forum, I'm done with them!! Hey Rick, the fuel smells just as good at IHRA events and they are just as loud! Alot friendlier too!!!!!! I don't get it

IHRA and DAMN Proud of it!!!

Hey D,
Hate to say it, no we won't. We have a great little S/G association that runs 5 weekends out of the year, you get 32 cars it pays 1,000.00 to win per day, we have a great BBQ on Sat. night and everyone gets along. I'm going to run Pinks Arm Drop, and the President Cup Nationals at Budds Creek and focus more on Bracket racing. I may attend the Atco, MG or Cecil D-1 races but only because they are close by. If IHRA had more tracks around this area we would be there in a heart beat and say screw the NHRA races.

Hey Carl,
As I said before you guys ever want to come down and try MASGA with the Studabaker just PM me and I'll give you all the info. Just ask a few people who have run it (Pat, Tom Goldman, Iggie, Myself) It's a great association and you have lots of fun and it's layed back.

Rob K
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #24
mannymen

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts

Rumor has it that 10.00 to 10.99 will also need a cert and a license in the upcoming future. This is not true, but DON'T put it past the NHRA.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:23 AM   #25
sg5492

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well it is true, I pull my car to the track for a chassis re-cert yesterday and it cost $150.00 I wounder how much it is if they come to you to do a chassis cert?
sg5492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #26
voltdr

Liked 92 Times in 49 Posts

When they talked about about the Insurance increase not paying for the sportsman portion, I note that we only have to pay the ins. surcharge a when the Fuel Cars are there. We don't pay ins. at the Sportsnationals. So its not a sportsman issue. Maybe the problem is with the Pro cars.
Maybe the reason everyone gets out of their seats after the fuel cars run is because they are tired of watching the clean up trucks go up and down the track.
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #27
slow dragster

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

I have asked this question several times from NHRA officials and have never received an answer. What does the insurance cover? I have auto insurance and I know my coverage. Homeowners and I know my coverage. Why can't we get an answer? Tell me why I am paying it and I might feel better about shelling it out, probably not! In my opinion it is to cover the pro catagory not the sportsman.
slow dragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #28
T Hall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow dragster View Post
I have asked this question several times from NHRA officials and have never received an answer. What does the insurance cover? I have auto insurance and I know my coverage. Homeowners and I know my coverage. Why can't we get an answer? Tell me why I am paying it and I might feel better about shelling it out, probably not! In my opinion it is to cover the pro catagory not the sportsman.
This would be a great topic for John Debartimalao ( sorry John if I miss spelled your name) in Drag Racer mag. Maybe he is reading this and could look into it,
Old 04-14-2009, 07:37 PM   #29
RjmPro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Folks

Dont usally say much in this forum, I just thought I would put in my thoughts
I liked the comment about no Sports Nationals Insurance surcharge so that got me digging in my paper work to see if we can figure out what we are really paying for.

In 2008 The Pro teams needed these minimuns and others to compete
Comprehensive general liability 2mil general aggregate 1mil each occurance
1 mil products and completed operations liability
1mil personal and advertising injury
Auto liability
500k hired/nonowned
500k owned auto liability
Employers liability
1mil injury by accident
1 mil injury by diease each employee

Looks pretty heavy to me

Not being real knowlegeable about insurance, I guess the teams insurance always is primary in event something happens, NHRA kicks in after that.

So we as competitors all sign the waviers at the gate, like any other race track we race at, and have the same insurance all the time.

My only thought is what group of people dont sign a wavier when they come to see the races?
RjmPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:34 AM   #30
jim1761

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NHRA = Government
Racer = Middleclass
They both do what ever they want with no regards to the people.
Just bend over cause it's coming
jim1761 is offline   Reply With Quote