Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2024, 05:36 PM   #29
goinbroke2

Liked 210 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: U/SA 302 ffffford build

Poop.....
While loading I gave it a couple shots on the road and when I hit 3rd, it fell on it's face. That turned out to be (hopefully) low fuel, heard the pump surging and looked at the guage, 1/8th tank, hopefully all that it was.

But, still not running "crisp". Getting popping though the headers when at steady rpm.
Popping almost goes away when I move the timing around.

Pulled one plug wire at a time and found #1 to not affect the engine idling as much as the others. I did a compression test and all were between 125-135 including #1 which was 130. Did a leakdown and it's...not good.(valves leaking) I don't even want to say the numbers, lol. So instead of spending $500 or so for the weekend, just for it to be aggravating for me and others, I think I'm going to stay home and start doing my good heads.

The first S/SS race is 14 June so hopefully I'll have lifters by then (so, SO hard getting parts here!) then I'll have the right cam/intake and carb and will only be missing the right converter.

Took the sparkplugs back to canadian tire, got a set of E3's because it was the only thing they had 8 of.