HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2023, 09:35 PM   #31
Cglrcng

Liked 136 Times in 72 Posts
Default Re: A 30 year journey, and a 2nd chance.

Great news received today and none other than a very dear friend and his son will both also be out for the weekend to test in Las Vegas, and am very much looking forward to reconnecting after much too long a time. Though we only live an hour or so away from each other, we have not seen each other in many a moon (like 26-27 yrs.), and though I have seen both John and Jon Irving in recorded interviews many times over the years, the last time Jon was a small boy.

Looking forward meeting the man he has grown into, and as always great father/son class racing duo and fellow Mopar lovers.

I have a lot of testing (and planned tinkering), to do yet on Friday, as it will be the first quarter mile passes on both the (hopefully much improved), car and I (after 2.5 decades plus away), have not raced personally at The Strip in Las Vegas since it was just 2 lanes (hey the left hand wall is still left intact, but that is all that is familiar), and the tree wasn't LED bulbs yet, but old style flood lights.

It however, would be really cool, (once I am back in the groove at least, and get reacquainted with the tree and find a decent spot), if we can possibly find our way to breaking out the old numbering tools and going side by side on the big end once or twice before the brackets start Saturday/Sunday.

I am positive both of them can teach me some lessons on both ends of the track.

At least I am somewhat acclimated to 100 plus temps by now, and no rain is in the forecast! (Just 2 more sun rises until the re-debut of another slow sled). Then the real work begins anew.