HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-24-2007, 07:53 AM   #1
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,548 Times in 1,981 Posts
Default Live from Bowling Green!

Well we are on our way to Bowling Green. We are about 3.25 hours away. Left about 5:30 this morning. Didn't get finished loading up til about midnight last night, so slept at home, then got on the road this morning. Just listening to"Bob & Tom". Since we are going on to Indy from Bowling Green, there was lots to pack into the motorhome and trailer. Our son Chris is racing the truck this weekend for the 1st time in about 4 years. He went to Union Hill to practice last weekend and ran it up, so hopefully we are all set to race. Our granddaughters are with us this weekend for their 1st race, so it should be a really great weekend.
We may miss the 1st run this morning, but since it is not calling for rain today, hopefully they will have a clean-up session this afternoon and we can make it. It is calling for 101 degrees today, so if you come by to see us, just knock on the door of the motorhome. We will probably be in here in the A/C.
More later.
Patsy
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:31 AM   #2
Stephen & Horace Johnson

Liked 151 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Live from Bowling Green!

We'll be there tonite.

Stephen Johnson #2162
Horace Johnson #2167
SS/D 427 Ford Fairlane NHRA-IHRA
Stephen & Horace Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:16 PM   #3
Woodro Josey

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Question Re: Live from Bowling Green!

Patsy, whats up with the DQ's?
Old 08-24-2007, 03:34 PM   #4
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

From what I heard, they both were light. We made another run about an hour ago. We will see if they were ok on that run. I just heard them call Pouciau to the tower. If I hear any more, I will let you know. Boy it is HOT here!! Just talked to Stan Perry. He's still looking for the snow!! We are just sitting in the motorhome trying to stay cool, now. Took Aubrey, my granddaughter up to the stands when we ran and she has already got a busted lip from falling on the bleachers. It's hard to write down times and watch a 2 year old. So I didn't get all of the 2nd round. DR C should be posting times soon. It's about 100 here and windy, but the track is hooking. Saw some nice wheelstands already.
More later.
Patsy
Old 08-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
Woodro Josey

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

OK Patsy, thanks for the update, i wanted to come but my body just won't take this heat anymore! Good luck to you guys and i know about the 2 year old, we have been keeping a 4 year old now and we had her a lot at 1-2-3 and now 4, they are a doll but you better be on your toes,,,lol
Old 08-25-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Everyhing's going pretty much on schedule this morning. Some cars came in overnite on their way to Indy. Still set to run about 2 this afternoon. Already 85 when we ran and 76% humidity. Lots of E/SA cars here, just glad Brad Van Lant isn't. All of us are going 10.98 or so and at Topeka he went 10.81. Larry is talking to Mike Fuller on the phone now from Milan and he said it was Terry Allison that spun the car around this morning. We run Rusty Hall this afternoon. I'm hoping since he has only had 1 run, maybe he's a little "Rusty". We are hoping it won't b e quite as hot today.
More later.
Patsy
Old 08-25-2007, 04:15 PM   #7
Earle Holt

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Larry and Patsy,

Always enjoy your "Live From" coverage. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2007, 09:46 PM   #8
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

You're welcome! So a little about the race today. All the Hills were 0-4 for 1st round. Larry spun, Chris in the truck couldn't run his number, and the other Hills got beat, too. Had a little fun with Rick Winchester this afternoon. Saw where Fiaci went 1.57 under in Division 1 and went over to let him know that he would have to arrive at Indy about 100 pounds heavier. He was already having beer since someone else had already told him. Greg Hill called Bruce Noland and found out that Fiaci was in the wrong class--But he was still #1 qualifier. That was impressive. A few more notes: Bill McClister is on his way back to Texas after having a lobe go down in his cam. He was definitely a player in E/SA for Indy. Saw where Tex Miller was running in F/SA at Rising Sun. Wonder what class he will be in next week? Charlie Ingram never got his A/FI to run very well Went up to watch superstock and saw the future. A little Decker, Frantz, Bohannon, Greg Hill's son Andrew and a couple of other little boys watching and having a great time. Brought back great memories of our son Chris playing with his Hot Wheels on our open trailer at Union Hill 20 something years ago.
The weather was hot today, but not as bad as yesterday. Only 3300'.
Well I guess we will be heading out to Indy tomorrow. Heard Bob Dennis has been in line since Thursday. Maybe if we get there on Sunday we will get somewhere except turning to the left when you come in Gate 8. So come on by to see us. I will update either from here or Indy tomorrow.
Patsy
Old 08-25-2007, 10:17 PM   #9
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Did Paul Adams make it with the Thunderbolf for SS/A?
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:01 PM   #10
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Didn't see him. Did you check the qualifying on DRC?
We are about 70 miles from Indy. Took our time this morning packing up and left Bowling Green around 11:30. Does anyone know when they actually start parking at Indy? We have never gotten there on Sunday before. Lots of people had already left this morning heading for Indy. Saw where Tex Miller blew his engine up in the semis at Md. Looks like there may be lots of withdrawals by noon Monday. Just at Bowling Green, people with problems: Ingram, McClister, Scot Helms, Wenzel, Howell. I'll try to update after we get there.
Patsy