HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old Today, 09:09 AM   #31
bigshow2966

Liked 88 Times in 37 Posts
Default Re: Fine them and then make it legal. Wowwser

I thought they had the correct pulleys, but the positions were reversed. Big pulley on the jackshaft and small pulley on the blower and it would spin faster.
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:57 AM   #32
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 58 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshow2966 View Post
I thought they had the correct pulleys, but the positions were reversed. Big pulley on the jackshaft and small pulley on the blower and it would spin faster.
that is what I was thinking reading between the lines.
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:10 AM   #33
onefarmer

Liked 96 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
I'm guessing that it would depend on how "tight" you could get the teeth on the belt to hug the jackshaft pulley and how "loose" you could get the teeth to hug the blower pulley and still work. I can't imagine there being a great difference in diameter but........
My understanding is there was 32 nubs on the outside so the counting could be done and the teeth where spaced out where the belt rode to catch the cogged belt correctly, close to 1/2" or a 36 tooth. Pretty smart design as apparently it has been in use since mid season last year and passed tech several times. Looking at all the numbers from the races from last year to Indy is easy to see who all had something extra under the hood in FSS and FX Mph and ET don't lie. We did not run our FSS car after Las Vegas race last fall because we were not competitive there. We laughed and said all year we would have to swap the rear pullies to run the cars in show down . Well now we know that was the truth. We have been working all year trying to get our engines better to make more HP since we were down 4-5 mph with the FX cars prior to Indy. Now we know the 80hp we were looking for was never gonna be found. I believe I lost 3 races last year to pully-gate 2024, and 3 this year. This makes my win at Norwalk this summer all that much more rewarding. My lose to Aaron in the finals at Indy was a legit lose. He clearly out drove me as I brought my worse pass of the weekend to the final. Now since the engine in the car was ran Sunday in Greggs car then switched Sunday night before he raced Alex and I, well that is another story in its self. The rules are the same as Pro-stock, once a engine makes a pass in one car it can not be used in another car at same event. But since the engines were never teched in with the serial numbers as should have been it was left go. Again I guess some people think rules are more of a suggestion then the standard.....
onefarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:00 AM   #34
Bryan Worner

Liked 414 Times in 68 Posts

The rules don’t apply to certain people. I’m pretty sure they aren’t the only classes they have “bent” the rules in over the years. They seem to be untouchable when it comes to tech, tear down, etc!

Last edited by Bryan Worner; Today at 11:03 AM.
Bryan Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:10 AM   #35
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 525 Times in 253 Posts

Bryan Worner...KNOWS!
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:40 AM   #36
SSDA Hemi

Liked 429 Times in 67 Posts

Sad at this development all the carnage and drama to fx and fss while this went on. People made decisions based on being down horsepower and losing. Shame on Nhra tech as counting teeth on a pulley, a space on a pulley, even if no teeth are there, should be counted if you didn?t pick up the increased diameter by eye.

How do the Stanfields look their fellow racers in the eyes from here out. This isnt a misinterpretation of the rules. Would be with 2 black eyes if I were in those classes wasting my time and $$$
Old Today, 11:41 AM   #37
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 525 Times in 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDA Hemi View Post
How do the Stanfields look their fellow racers in the eyes from here out.
With a smile and business as usual!
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old Today, 01:22 PM   #38
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 298 Times in 158 Posts

Since multiple offenders were in on the scheme perhaps NHRA should mandate that ONLY NHRA STAMPED AND SERIAL NUMBERED APPROVED pulleys may be used. ALL pulleys must be registered as to serial number. The serial number and NHRA logo must be easily readable. Makes no difference on what make of engine being used or the type/brand of supercharger ONLY an accepted pulley is legal. No modifications of any type whatsoever to the pulley can be done WITHOUT NHRA written approval. If the pulley is modified from the OEM specs NHRA will have to approve the modification. NHRA will further keep a record of ALL pulleys and serial numbers as well as who owns them. If the owner/driver/engine builder no longer has the pulley in their possession( car/engine is sold)or the pulley is damaged beyond repair then the pulley MUST be re-registered to the new owner BEFORE it can be used in NHRA competition. Pulleys MUST BE used in the ORIGINAL position that they were designed for such as a lower must be used as a lower an upper must be used as an upper NO SWITCHING positions ALLOWED

IF YOU GET CAUGHT USING ANY PULLEY OTHER THAN A NHRA SERIAL NUMBERED AND REGISTERED PULLEY, the results are : FIRST OFFENSE: Automatic 1 year suspension for the driver and/or the car owner, $10,000 fine payable immediately , forfeiture of all points , all illegal parts will be immediately confiscated. If they are dumb enough to commit a second offense LIFETIME BAN for the driver and the car owner in NHRA activities plus a $25,000 fine payable immediately.

Do you think this might stop it??? FED 387

Last edited by FED 387; Today at 01:27 PM.
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:22 PM   #39
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,670 Times in 395 Posts

As it has been said before
Don?t ask for permission
Ask for forgiveness
They knew better than to ask.
Grey area REALLY!