Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-17-2024, 10:43 PM   #31
nickh

Liked 286 Times in 110 Posts
Default Re: Flying H Dragstrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
Bitch and moan all want but the way I look it is, it's another place to race and oh by the way how many new drag strips have been built in the past ten years?
Not Bitching nor moaning just stating facts. I agree hardly any new tracks being built, but what we do have can be improved on. No doubt this new track is stepping forward, excited that they are doing what they are doing.

Frank you ever been to Ennis Track?
nickh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 07:20 AM   #32
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,600 Times in 1,994 Posts

I’m disappointed in myself for not being ready to race at the new track. The mud will wash off and so will the dust. It’s a new track and it’s like a new race car they both need a few runs on them to get them dialed in.

Last edited by Larry Hill; 06-19-2024 at 08:14 AM.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 01:03 AM   #33
TBear5033

Liked 104 Times in 13 Posts
Smile Re: Flying H Dragstrip

Seeing is believing. I don't know much about aggregate, concrete or asphalt, but when you can part a 60K# rig on asphalt that is 3 hours old for 5 days of 90+ degree weather and drive off without leaving a mark... that's some good mix and I'm sure it's not cheap. The new track has had their fair share of challenges due to weather - both before this race and during and yet they worked their butts off to put on a good show. Best part was meeting Scott Higgs at the end of race #2 and he still had a smile on this face despite the challenges.

I'm super happy to be able to call this my new home track!
TBear5033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 02:24 PM   #34
Dirk Olson

Liked 139 Times in 35 Posts

I went down knowing that being a new track that there would be some startup issues. and there were but I was still extremely impressed. Yes, the back lot and grass was a mess. but again, a year ago it was a bean field. just to get it in ship to run this race was a monstrous feat! Kudos to the track owner and the employees that made the effort to make everyone feel welcome! How about that race between Jim and Paul is that awesome or what! Congrats to that both of them guys! they First class people..... oh ya and they drive Stick cars!
Old 06-20-2024, 03:43 PM   #35
Lenny5160_v2

Liked 168 Times in 67 Posts

Anyone know how it went getting rigs out of the grassy area following the event?

All my stuff is filthy, but we got all the scheduled racing in and I was able to drive right out the gate, so I'm thankful.

Still wasn't as dirty as Dallas.
Old 06-20-2024, 08:55 PM   #36
Travis Buth

Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

I think by mid-day Sunday everyone was getting out fairly easily. We all left just after the finals and spun just a touch, but we were not close to getting stuck. Could have been way worse than it was, glad we did not get much more rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160_v2 View Post
Anyone know how it went getting rigs out of the grassy area following the event?

All my stuff is filthy, but we got all the scheduled racing in and I was able to drive right out the gate, so I'm thankful.

Still wasn't as dirty as Dallas.