HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-08-2024, 03:35 PM   #1
Mike Gray

Liked 558 Times in 145 Posts
Default Adding Weight

Adding 150lbs is a little harder than I thought. I have to separate it into permanent weight with a welded nut, removable weight bolted to frame/ chassis and a weight box for adjustment. Before I go through all this how much ET difference am I looking at with a low 10 sec. big block car? I would imagine the 1/10 per hundred is not the same for every combo.
Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM   #2
Hacksaw

Liked 281 Times in 156 Posts
Default Re: Adding Weight

I've seen cars not lose a tick after adding 100 lbs. My guess... you lose a tenth. Report back.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM   #3
Mike Gray

Thanks
If I don’t lose much I would rather add the weight and go down a class. I need a couple of tenths either way to be more competitive. The index difference is three tenths and if I only lose one it’s like finding a couple of tenths. Seems like a logical choice except the lower class has about double the amount of cars.
Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM   #4
Cglrcng

Liked 146 Times in 79 Posts

Mike, start with the box. You can then add the weight to the box if done for testing and experiment outside of competition and it will allow you to move the weight around to see results. If it does not work out then at least you have the box to make incremental smaller (up to 100 lb scale deviation weight changes legally later).

Sometimes just moving weight around in different combos can yield surprising results. You already know your starting scale weight from the last run you made in competition so just weigh everything you add or subtract in accomplishing the task so keep accurate records and be careful with your math as scales will not be open during testing periods and you may want to revert it right back to where it last was quickly.

Good luck.
Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM   #5
Mike Gray

This is part of the appeal of class racing vs .90 racing that I use to do. There is more strategy with being able to move up or down classes and you pay more attention to how many competitors are in your class and how well each of them run. Heads up with no break out, either you want them or you want to avoid them. Now if I can only get use to a count down tree!

Last edited by Mike Gray; Yesterday at 11:03 PM.
Mike Gray is offline   Reply With Quote