View Single Post
Old 05-15-2023, 02:12 PM   #24
nickh

Liked 235 Times in 97 Posts
Default Re: Early Retirement

So want to thank you guys for the advice, I completed my last job last monday. I am getting to old to climb 200 ft towers..LOL, Getting ready for what is next. The company I was working with said that they can use me for 4 weeks out of the year (limit to $21,000 annually). Will have social security done here shortly and they already have me a turnaround scheduled for July for about 4 weeks.

Got some projects lined up around the house that keep me busy for a while just sweat equity on getting things done.

This year went to Canton Ohio damn near froze to death, do not know how you guys can survive in cold weather I was working nightshift 530 pm to 630 pm. Got off on a Thursday morning and the company wanted me in Corpus Christi Texas that saturday morning to go to work on days, told them absolutely not, I reported to job wednesday morning of next week working 530 am to 630 pm. Will not miss anymore home cooked meals, nor living out of a suitcase, staying in motel rooms that smell like ***! Except for 4 weeks out of the year! LOL
nickh is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked