View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 10:41 PM   #43
Lyn Smith
VIP Member

Liked 841 Times in 156 Posts
Default Re: 1955 Chevrolet Q/SA Build

It has been awhile but I'm back working hot n heavy on the 55 Q" ship". Body is in the body shop with a late March delivery date promised. I have the powder coated frame at home in the garage trying to get as much done on it as I can so it will be easy swap over when the painted body gets back from the painter. Even going to try and get the brakes bled so I can test all lines, fittings, and new flares for leaks. I will show you how I'm going to do that with the master cylinder mounted on the new frame, and powered up with a pressure bleeder. Engine block is on the engine stand and with the arrival of a few more pcs I will start putting it together in the next week or so. I found one of those rare 548 casting 283 blocks made with the 265 bore. The block is called a poor mans Bowtie, as it has thick walls, and deck. It even got a mention in Grumpy's first small block engine build book. I would really like to have the car ready to test by the end of April but that is going to be pushing it by any means.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210304_092444_resized.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	379.0 KB
ID:	56895  

Last edited by Lyn Smith; 03-11-2021 at 09:39 AM.
Lyn Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked