View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 12:19 AM   #53
Michael Kilduff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The death of bracket racing........

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
you forgot one thing.......The DELAY BOX !
Another is the RAIL dragster.

Some more are double entries and buy backs. I apologize for the redundancy if these have already been mentioned.

I took my street/strip car to the track today for a local bracket race. This was a 2K to win footbrake race and several racers were double entered and running 2 different cars, each entered twice! Yes, one driver with 4 actual entries. On top of that the buy backs were for first and second round.

Something else that I think is hurting bracket racing nowadays is the cost involved. Footbrake racing isn't so bad but the electronics crowd-at least around here-is seriously hooked on being the last car to leave.

The last 2 weekends we have had 4 races at two tracks within 30 miles of each other and there were quite a few sub 4.5 second cars rails (this is eigth mile) and several high 4 second full bodied cars. I would guess such cars are making 1200 HP or close to it, probably 25K engines and the trans and tires probably don't hang around for long either.

And I do think enclosed trailers have hurt all racing to a degree. Potential fans get a lot more excited seeing an actual race car on a trailer going down the highway or pulled in at a gas station than they do when they see a big white box going down the road.