View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 07:32 AM   #253
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,791 Times in 1,524 Posts
Default Re: Not for Nuthin' But Close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
I got the new converter in the car, went to Atco and wasn't too happy with it UNTIL I got home and started looking back at my records and realized that I had forgotten that I added 220 lbs. to the car. I'm happy now! Oh, with the car. The driver should be flogged!
I only have time for a quick update (VERY busy).
The converter definitely helped pick the car up everywhere but mainly in the 60-330 ft. area but it looks like it picked up .10-.15 overall. The MPH seems down but it was pretty windy at Atco.

My biggest surprise of the week came at "The Beav" on Sunday! First of all. the car slowed down a half of a second ( .2 being weather and the rest being "The Beav"!).
Last year at Numidia, I mixed-and-matched camshafts and found the "re-ground" cams to be the overall fastest even though they did hurt the car in the first half of the run. When I installed the re-ground cams for the last time, I "flopped" (not my word but an apt description!) both cams into an advanced position and raced the car for the duration. At "The Beav" I took the time to "flop" the exhaust cam into a retarded position and was rewarded with runs that were .12 and .16 faster!
Good day!

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked