View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 06:48 PM   #127
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,048 Times in 762 Posts
Default Re: Misconception on a slow stocker winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
Got me thinking why I picked what I picked. Just exactly why did one guy pick a combo. I'm talking about back when we first got started? How many of us made stupid choices? Personally, I just knew that I wanted a car that was faster than I had ever been in. I certainly didn't want to race something that was slower than my street driven car. In highschool I was driving a 1969 L-88 Camaro back and forth to high school.Set of 4.88's and a set of Hookers made that baby a handful.Bought it with my paper route money. 11.80's @ 116. In today's world it would be a slug. A few years later I purchased one of John Lingenfelter's 383 package Corvettes that I drove back and forth to work. 11.50's. That car was a ball as I hid a delay box in the center console, wired in 4 wheel line locks and ran Super Pro with it. There is something about driving to the track with the Bose stereo blaring, taking out Super Comp and Super Gas cars all day long, then driving home with the prize money. I honestly picked my "real race car" because it did big wheel stands and was faster than I was driving for transportation. You guys bring up a lot of valad points though..
What no Matty Box?
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote