View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #5
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wink Re: What does it take to be be competitive in .90 racing?

Well I had cars that run about 0.1 under and could adjust them with ballast but if it 's a hot day or slipery track I was S.O.L. previously I was 0.5 under and the car was reasonably dialable I 'm currently >1.00 under and shifting on time and it's deadly consistent and very dial able.
Consider this, the better your car runs on the big end the gentler it is on the first half and the less likely it is to spin the tires. I had a guy I was racing against and he was running >180 MPH and was deadly consistent even on marginal race tracks and I was dumbfounded on how he could get down a very marginal track consistently when I could not? I was fortunate enought to make a time trial with him and got to see his numbers on the time slip and discovered that in 60' and all of the incrementals up to the eight mile his car was very slow but from the eight to the finish line he was flying. and that's why he was hitting the number while I was sliping and sliding around.
So to some extent the further under the better! The car will be genteler and you will almost always have your oponent in sight.

Last edited by Bill Baer; 12-15-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Bill Baer is offline   Reply With Quote