View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 09:46 PM   #1685
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,957 Times in 492 Posts
Default Re: H-I-J '76 Nova re-fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
Todd, I watched all of Autumn’s runs on the live feed. VERY few cars on the premises were as consistent on the incrementals and ET. You’ve developed a great base to work on and Autumn is showing a great deal of promise. One thing you might consider is enrolling her in one of Frank Hawley’s Super Gas classes. It will help her slow everything down and help make the runs more relaxed. Don’t fault anything she’s doing, just think that Frank’s tutoring and giving more insight into focus and the psychology of racing would be a great asset for any young racer. Again, great job by you both and good luck tomorrow if they get the National Open in.
Thank you, We're learning together and video in and out of the car every run has taught us the most. we did tighten the clutch up a little in testing (base) to further help with her burnout, which it has. We've run from 11lb to 13.5lb in the tires trying to see where an inconsitency might start but it's been all good. The starting line is really bald so I figure if it goes down this weekend it may just go down anywhere we race. I know there's lot's of adjustment here and we're trying to learn everything we can. So far I think we have a pretty good setup.

Last edited by Nmbr1GMfan; 10-20-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Nmbr1GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked