View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 02:23 PM   #7
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 237 Times in 127 Posts
Default Re: No Tech Inspection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy49 View Post
Isn't SAFETY of the driver and all around him/her the most important thing??

The original NHRA decal said "Dedicated to Safety", what happened???

That being said, some of the rules don't make sense. How does a helmet wear out and why do belts need replacing in, I believe, 2 years??
Helmets don't wear out but helmet tech continues to advance. 10 years isn't unreasonable to me and I'm due for a new one. Nylon webbing does degrade with exposure to the environment and UV radiation. It's essentially a parachute harness used a couple of hundred times per year. What bugs me is the manufacture date instead of sale date. It's been sealed in a box for 4 months at Simpson and I get 20 months of use even it I buy a week before the bell. In a short season area like the NorthWest you could need a new belt every year is your timing is bad. There are two tech associations SFI and FIA, which is international. FIA has higher standards and 5 year belts. NHRA does not recognize FIA certification

EDIT: Ditto on trans shields. I have a $700 Lakewood SFI bellhousing on my C4. It's a frigging hunk of bullet proof

STEEL and I have to replace it? it dosen't even have a paint chip.

Last edited by FireSale; 12-01-2021 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Punched the wrong button.
FireSale is offline   Reply With Quote