View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #15
C and W Racing

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Super Class rule clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
Not intentional.. but I need the gear to get the car to leave and run the #'s, but for some reason the car hits the chip at around 1100'. I can prob. put a 500rpm higher chip in it and not hurt anything, but I dont like to run my FORD much over 7500 as it is...

I dont know how much of a issue it will be because I have never run it with a stop on it, and the car will definaly need to be slowed down.... I have been 9.2's so far, and thats with hitting the chip.
Freddie, what size engine and what gear do you run? I like you, run Ford engines in both my cars and without knowing what gear you are running find it hard to believe that by changing it you would have a problem cutting a light. In my ranger I ran a 4.29 gear and could go red anywhere, even on those .370 tree's. My thunderbird I run a 4.10 gear now, but had a 4.29 gear in it before and saw no difference at the tree. With that car I have had as many as 40 numbers in the box even with the 4.10 gear. A Ford engine makes more torque than a chevy so it can be geared different. Also it will make it's power at a lower rpm so if the truth is known you will run faster by regearing your car as well.
Chuck
C and W Racing is offline   Reply With Quote