View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 05:23 PM   #25
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: The Future Of The .90 Classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA1926 View Post
How about this. No delay boxes, manual throttle limiters only (no electric or pneumatic limiters), manual shift only, including automatic transmissions (no electrically controlled or CO2 shifters). Let's see how many racers can compete without all the electronic gadgets doing all the work for them. Car must remain under full power to at least to the 1,000 foot timer. Every one knows that people in the stands still do not like this type of racing. They want to see cars under full power all the way down the track, (not fall on it's face for hundreds of feet down the track). And before you start bashing me, know that I run Super Street myself. So this can be done, because this is how I race. I choose to not be a monkey in the car and let all the electronics do the work, while all I have to do is cut a light. Also, once your car is fast enough for Super Gas, it should not be allowed to run in Super Street. Leave Super Street class for the racers that are not running 140 mph +. I'm not trying to bash anyone else's way of racing. We all have our ways of trying to be competitive in these style classes. Just my 2 cents, and I know that it's not gonna be popular with the majority of the Super class racers.
The only thing this would do is put the aftermarket HP industry out of business. The genie is out of the bottle and not going back in..........
Dan
Liked