Thread: Crank Trigger
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 05:40 AM   #14
Maverick

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Crank Trigger

I always ran a billet distributor for years with a curve in the distributor, and I finally went to the crank trigger and programmable ignition before I started this season. Had to have some machine work on my crank mandrel to fit the wheel on the front of the balancer, and also upgraded the ignition boxes. I picked up a lot. Too much in fact. I run the car in super gas and I don't run a throttle control, I change the shift points for the five speed, using a automated programmable shifter. It was too fast for what I was trying to do, and then I retarded the timing to slow it down, and that worked ok, until, the weather changed big time. Still trying to come up with a programmable curve, so I can control things the way I want. Got close this last two weekends, but then started spinning the tires when it got real hot. Crank triggers are a little bit more expensive, but you can do a lot more with them. I will never go back to a distributor controlled ignition, unless it is on the street car that I am trying to get back to.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote