View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 10:07 PM   #6
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts
Default Re: Super Stock "GT" and SRA

This is a good idea. I (and many others) have asked for this for quite some time. The answer is the same; "there is no interest in this". I think NHRA has either bad information or no information in relation to these classes. It's just too easy; the hp factors are in place, the tech information is in place, and the SFI regulation in relation to speed and safety are in place so what's not to like. I like 6 lb start, but anything would be a help. It was brought up at SRAC, but to no avail. NHRA has already created 26% new F GT classes in SS (for 12% of the cars I might add) so why not make these new classes available since they seem to want more classes than cars (can I say Comp). Maybe we can use one of the messages from Christmas like Miracle on 34th Street, where several thousand letters are dumped on the judge. A little Christmas humor there. The FGT classes that these cars would fall in are very poorly utilized and most "new" motors fall above the 8 lb minimum. Maybe someone can get a coordinated effort going on these classes.