View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 05:08 PM   #3
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Liked 65 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Super Stock "GT" and SRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Carr View Post
I could see a 7.0 and 7.5 pound Class in GT. Currently, GT/A(A) and F/GTA are 8.00 pound Classes; the same as SS/E(A). Making a 7 and 7.5 pound classes (same as the current SS/C and D would be a help to the higher-horsepower cars (both in regular GT and F/GT). I was told years ago that the current format was used so that "The GT cars would not upstage the traditional cars in S/S". Maybe that is still the case. 7 and 7.5 pound classes would allow for high-HP cars the chance to compete without weight 4,000 (or more) pounds. The 390 AMX motor, and others (LS-6, L-89, etc; though many of them would still weigh a lot in GT), as well as the new motors that are 500 (or more) HP. Just a thought.

I know a number of people that will be able to run their car in NHRA GT if there was a 7lb class. GT runs with Super Stock anyway so that would help the car count. I noticed at most of the events this year the Super Stock car count was down. This would definitely help the guys who want to run the newer engine combinations.