View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Ron Finney

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Upgrading fuel system need recommendations

This won't be a popular answer, but it will be truthful. You have all the fuel system you need with the black pump and your combo. If you do the fuel consumption equations to calculate the pounds per hour, you will see you have enough. Most people run way more pump than needed. I have a 572 that runs S/C in my altered that uses a black pump. In fact I actually put on a Jeg's 105gal./hr. pump at the US nationals a year ago, because my pump starting getting noisy and that was all I had. There was absolutely no change in ET in S/C. What I do like aboout the smaller pumps is that they don't pull that much current. If you want to upgrade I would look at the holley HP pump. Its cost effective and rated to 950 hp. And before everyone starts the acceleration argument, yes, my fuel cell is on back and I am pumping against the G-force of acceleration.

However, if you want to upgrade, you can;t go wrong with the Magna fuel, Aeromotive A2000 or the Weldon pumps. They are the cadillacs so to speak. But, you will need to utilize a return line system to use these pumps.

One question I had on your drawing though, why two regulators? There are two outlets on a holley regulator and I run one to the front bowl and one to the rear. Just curious.

Good Luck!