View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
Sean Marconette

Liked 167 Times in 61 Posts
Default Re: Questions for the stick guys

What kind of clutch are you running? Most if not all stick stock and S/S cars have switches mounted at the shifter or shifter linkage and clutch pedal for the 2 step and line lock. I have fabricated brackets so the clutch pedal engages the LL and 2 step switches at the pedal clutch quadrant as my car uses a cable. At the same time a set of switches for the LL and 2 step are mounted at the shifter. When the shifter is in 1st and the clutch is depressed, the LL and 2 step are engaged. A separate floor mounted dimmer switch is used to bypass the switches on the shifter for the burnout.
This is the work around for doing a burnout in 3 gear.

As for where the clutch engages is dependent on the linkage ratio and getting the required air gap. My clutch is somewhere around the mid point when it is engaging. It is a balancing act on my setup to get enough air gap and still have adequate TOB clearance so the counter weight levers are not riding on the TOB. One adjustment affects the other.

As for mounting the switch in the pedal, personally I do not think I would like that, after all we have a much smaller area to work with in the pedal than the auto guys. And releasing the pedal clean may be an issue.

Maybe Troy Henderson will see this thread, as he has been making adjustments to dial in reaction times in his car.

Sean

Last edited by Sean Marconette; 12-05-2013 at 01:31 PM. Reason: More info
Sean Marconette is offline   Reply With Quote