View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #9
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,714 Times in 855 Posts
Default Re: More classes added to Div 2 LODRS events

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1hitter View Post
It's the beginning of the end for .90 racin.
The dumbing down of class and heads up racing...and I mean that as no disrespect to bracket racers, since IR1. But when I want to go to a bracket race, that's what I do, when I want to run class (stock or S/ST) then that's what I do. This is simply NHRA trying to make drag racing appeal to a broader audience, one that has no appreciation for what class and heads up racers have invested or what they are trying to accomplish. It will eliminate tech, teardown, scales, fuel check, etc so it lowers their cost of doing a program. It's the old "Give them a Wally and they will come" to draw bracket racers and at the expense of everyone else. So with my stocker, why would I put runs on a valuable motor to run against a guy who buys his from Pep Boy's or puts it together on the ground. If this is what our new Division director has brought with him he is sealing his fate with the class faithful. Even though Unleashed ran events at Indy and Columbus last year I'm wagering they can't get away with it in D3. I'll repeat an earlier post, NHRA has conceded the Southeast to IHRA.

Still waiting to see what the program/purse is before making my final decision on D2 races for me this year.
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote