View Single Post
Old 11-22-2022, 08:03 PM   #18
Paul Precht

Liked 224 Times in 89 Posts
Default Re: Good news! R&P Steering legal in SS/AH

[QUOTE=SSDA Hemi;671262]Everyone cries "death wobble". How many AH cars have that shake? How much ET do you think that would scrub? Not all the AH cars do this and I believe the scrub is negligible as at the top of low gear thees very little weight on the front tires. In SS/CA my Street Hemi has run almost 150 and no wheel wobble, my steering box is not ground on for header clearance and there is a brace supporting the top of the steering box. This is 155 lbs more than AH. I saw one steering box break with the wobble and there was very little left of it where it broke- ground on heavily for header clearance and no brace up top. Replaced with a cast iron stock style box and believe it is still in car and running over 160.

I'm sure you know the B/E body front susp is an entirely different animal than the A body with the A body being junk by comparison in stock form. I have never seen a cast iron manual steering box on any 62 and later A B or E body car, maybe there was one but I must have missed it.
Paul Precht is online now   Reply With Quote