View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #29
SCOTT TILLEY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: 2013 CCRA Season

There are alot of people out there that says class racing is a dying breed. I'm not sure it's dying, but I do believe that there has been decline of class racers. The so called "old timers", which anyone in their 40's and 50's as I am, are not too far away from that title, has kept class racing alive are getting to the point of retirement from drag racing. It is now on all of our shoulders to preserve and keep the integrity and grass roots of class racing prosperous and growing in the direction that they gave us so many years ago. The more we dilute the rules, the more we dilute what class racing was and still is all about. Getting the best performance we can get within a set and limited amount of guidelines. As Jim said, owning and/or driving a class car is "prestigous". Anyone can go bracket racing. but it is our special breed that wants more from racing than just going down the track. Lets try to bring back the prestige that class racers once had and keep it growing for the generations that follow behind us.

With all of this being said, if there is a question of legality of anyone racing in the CCRA., please let me know with a phone call, PM, or an e-mail and I will deal with the issue and also seek the advise from long time class racers within our association. This is not something that needs to come through the grapevine but directly to me. We are abiding by IHRA's rulebook which includes engine and car rules and regulations. I have full confidence in our racers and members that they will support the decision of the CCRA if someone is deemed to be illegal.

There are alot of our racers and members that have suggested that we have a tech official on site at all of our races. I am all for that!!! But, that cost money. We need $150.00 each race to have a Stock/Super Stock official present. If we could get a sponsor for that, we wouldn't need to take $1200.00 out of the points fund. The other suggestion I have is to up the entry $5.00, from $75.00 to $80.00 and that would take care of the $150.00 per race. Please let me know your suggestions on this!!! It is important to have everyones input on this.

Lets grow the CCRA into an association that we can be proud of and keep the prestigous aspect of owning/driving a Stock, Super Stock or Modified car alive for many years to come.

Thanks
Scott Tilley
superstock9327@yahoo.com
919-291-4355 (cell)
SCOTT TILLEY is offline   Reply With Quote