View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 01:45 AM   #15
Bernie Cunningham

Liked 52 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Old Camaro

OK, this could be cool.

A lot of racers have meet and had great encounters with the wonderful Kasch's over the years. They have, obviously, been true CLASS racers for a long time and it's time to talk about your first, if not your favorite meeting with them.

Mine is from the '95 Mopar Nationals in Englishtown, the year I traveled with me class c motorhome and 26' enclosed and I did all the National events. I'm miles away from home (California) and I'm goin rounds, it's hotter than Whaleys' underwear and just as wet with the humidity.

Luckily, I'm pitted close to the staging lanes on the right side of the track under the only tree around. The D1 crew are circling, I'm by myself. Tom and Ruth come by and start helping me cool down, charge up and get ready for the next round without a blink of my eye. What did I know, never meet 'em before but there they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As it turns out I kicked the D1 enforcers/mentors driver's butt in the semi's (you know who you are LOL) The whole time the Kasch's hung back ready for me to come back with water and support. Then it was all I could do to literally force them into the winners circle pic. with me and Gruber from Valvoline. True people here my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunatly, that's when I meet Fletchburger, cause he won SS. LOL

Damn it, that just reminded me of the trip into town with those mentally re-tarted Canadian group headed by the infamous Jim Morrison in his motorhome. What a great night we had, lets go devils, lets go devils !!!!!!!!! Then I got stuck on the fence trying to get back into the track, plastered (#@*^%$%(%(*&)
AHH the GOOD TIMES !!

Last edited by Bernie Cunningham; 12-01-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Bernie Cunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked