View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 01:26 PM   #27
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts
Default Re: RANT No. 6,234,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Ton71 View Post
The few accidents I have seen in the class have been from either top end engine failure or results of steering out of the groove after a big wheel stand. 9" tire or 12" tire, it would have the same results.

As said before, no heads up class is cheap. Add a heads up class format to where the required race car at minimum as a roller is $60-70k. Add what it takes to be competitive, it's going to take a big budget to keep up with it. You're not going to see the average Joe with an open trailer being able to run.

Regardless of the number of "millionaires" involved with the class, I think this class is what the big 3 needs to bring back the "win on Sunday, sell on Monday". These cars are the only ones in the mainstream motorsports spotlight in the states that a fan could buy the same model off of the show room and it practically be the same car.

To have a similar heads up format for the budget minded, maybe NHRA should adapt NMCA/NMRA's Coyote Stock/Chevrolet Performance Stock, and add a Mopar Hemi class. Keep the cars in the 10.00-10.30 range. That's something the average budget fan can relate to, and racer can afford to run. (it's still not cheap, ceramic bearings out the wazoo)
Good points in your post Andy.

Before I got into NHRA Stock Eliminator I almost bought into the NMRA Coyote Stock class it's first year.
That is a hyper competitive group and there are no low buck builds to be seen. Impressive performance for the rules restrictions they work within, but you are forced to keep throwing money at the car If you want to get past round 1.

Glad I chose Stock instead...lol

Last edited by ALMACK; 05-22-2019 at 01:36 PM.
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote