View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 10:24 AM   #16
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 699 Times in 203 Posts
Default Re: Stock and Super Street....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA1926 View Post
When I remove the travel limiters and set the front shocks at full loose extension, it slows down my reaction time and wheel stands pretty high (2-3 feet). I have a lot of travel in the front, I believe that's why my reaction is slower when it's loosened up. I'm using 25" front tires also, thought they were 26". I have a converter built specifically for my set up by Lenny at Ultimate Converter Concepts,so I really don't believe the converter is the problem. I do not have a pro trans-brake, it is a TCI, but not the pro style. I might try a higher rpm on the two step, but again, it spins sometimes. Especially with the front end tied down and travel limiters installed.
There is much to be gained in the trans brake area . the bracket style brakes are SLOW ,they can be as much as .030 slower than a pro tree brake .
Select Performance has one of the quickest Powerglide brakes for Pro Tree racing.

I would set the front shocks loose with about 2-3" travel as mentioned before , but I would switch to a stiff wall bias slick and raise the launch rpm substantially .
Radials are great for going fast ,but when you are chasing Pro Tree R.T. ,and you want to limit travel ,you are better off with the bias ply .
For the rear suspension ,I'd have the front of the Cal Trac in the upper hole .
Rear shock settings need to be tried at a test and tune for both RT and 60' consistency, but stiffer is usually better.