Thread: Thank You!
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2022, 12:53 AM   #3
Larry Merk

Liked 221 Times in 108 Posts
Default Re: Thank You!

My turn to thank folks.

A big thanks to Steve Teeter for taking the initiative to get this group going. He worked long and hard with track managers to schedule this race series. And he continued working with them on all the details related to running the events. Nobody saw his work, but it was invaluable. Thanks, Steve.

My son, Mike Merk, didn't know he was volunteered when I signed up to support this race association. We collaborated on the design and construction of the trophies, he posted qualifying sheets and ladders within minutes of their release, and he posted photos of winners, runners-up, and various award winners. Thanks, Mike.

Kathy Poitra set up and maintains the Northwest Class Racer Facebook page. Without it, we wouldn't be able to communicate as well as we do with all the racers in the Northwest. As Ron noted, she also took a lot of race photos and posted them for others to view. Thanks, Kathy.

Ron McDowell is one of the most enthusiastic people I have ever met. Boundless energy. He was always ready to lend a hand with any task needing attention. His help was invaluable. Thanks a lot, Ron.

And a BIG thank you to all the racers who attended our races. Your support of this race series will always be the key to our success. I'm looking forward to an even better series of races next year.