Thread: Connecting Rods
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #18
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

Name something that is "incorrect" in that article.

To start, the analysis does not take in to account addtional dynamics that influence the loading of the crankshaft and cylinder wall. I have built tall deck and short deck engines of the same make of engine and have made the same power. The Delta did not vary more of 1% of power. Go and read the Reher & Morrison article and you will get their put on rod length. Many racers are using short rods because they are using very short decks, such as the ProStock and Comp racers have done with the Aurora block. They can pack a lighter rotating assembly and also get a better angularity bettwen the port and intake. I can write a whole dissertaion on the topic but I do not have the time to do so; and like Adger and others have said, this is Stock/Super Stock class racing.

Nobody in the Comp arena shares their rotating assembly combinations and you would be surprised many of them using a longer rod because they can pack a lighter piston and cannot afford the cost of the Aurora race block. Like Warren Johnson has said in the past: If the theory does not match the results, create a new theory"

SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote