View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 12:45 PM   #77
Randy Wells

Liked 986 Times in 301 Posts
Default Re: Did this just happen no generators?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Briglio View Post
What are you burning to make the electrical power????? What amount of earth are you destroying to get the elements to make those batteries ????? What are you doing with those batteries after they are dead ????
I recently retired, the last project I worked on was the largest wood pelletizer in North America as an Electrical Inspector, and was part of the Commissioning and Start Up, it will produce 580 tons of pellets a year. These pellets are not the kind you use in a Bar B Q smoker, or home pellet stove, these are made for power plants. Europe and the UK signed on to the climate accord years ago when Trump smartly got us out, part of that deal was to retrofit their coal power plant boilers over to wood. Wood is considered a renewable energy. These pellets from the facility I worked on are made from 70% pine and 30% hardwood, and 100 % of these pellets are shipped to Europe and the UK, via the Arkansas River, to the Mississippi, loaded on cargo ships and sent across the pond. The substation feeding this plant was updated to supply 28 MVA of power, that is 28 million watts at a cost of 15 million to upgrade. This facility uses wood to fire the furnaces for the dryers, there is 4 lines and 4 furnaces It takes 17 years to grow a pine tree to maturity, and 3 times that long for hard wood. The facility is all rotating equipment and requires a lot of workers just to keep it running unlike a Hydrocarbon facility. Maybe this is part of the reason 2X4s are so expensive.
There were 70 Electricians on this project, and half of them couldn’t speak English, and the quality of there work was very substandard. There is an article in the NEC 110.10, that states all work shall be done in a workman like manner, these boys missed that part in there training, never seen such a piss poor install in my 45 years as an Industrial Electrician, one of the reasons I retired

Randy Wells
I/S 5628
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote