View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 10:42 AM   #72
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts
Default Re: Did this just happen no generators?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Wells View Post
Those overnight chargers work fine when you use your electric vehicle as a novelty, if it is going to be your primary mode of transportation with no Gas vehicle for back up. You will need the 60 to 70 amp Tesla charger, they can fully charge a Tesla in short time not of all night. By the way there are millions of house with 100 amp or less services, along with substations that would not handle the load if everyone owned electric vehicle's, that is simple ohms law. Your dryer circuit is a 2 pole 30A and will not run a Tesla Charger.

Randy Wells
I/S 5628
Yes, I would need a separate 240v circuit to run a tier 2 charger. Same to use my welder correctly. My neighbor has similar electrical service and has had several EVs over the years. An early Prius and now a Nissan Leaf. They don't match a Tesla but they do charge off a wall plug for daily driving.
I'm not an EV fan. I like the thump of my SBF sucking through a 4bbl 750, but I understand that there is no "new" gasoline on this planet. It might take 100-200 years but there will come a day when there will be no gas and this discussion will be moot. We won't live to see it, but our descendants will. Better to accept it than make fun of it.