View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 06:24 PM   #31
Crisco

Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Big $$$ S/SS Races as a Business Model..Viable?

I think it could be a very good business model if you (the promoter) would have the racers actually show up. Not many businesses will survive without customers. Alot of them S/SS racers complain about NHRA raising entry fees, not raising payouts, contingency not paying anymore, having to be there (at a National, hell even a divisional) for a week, etc, etc. Now, you have some good, reputable S/SS racers stick their neck out for them to have a good place to race, pay them on the spot more money than they could ever win at a National or a divisional even with contingency, actually tell them thanks for coming, throw them a party, and actually have a damn good time yet no one shows up. I guess alot of the S/SS racers think its not S/SS racing if it isn't under the NHRA sanctioning. I know there is some prestige in winning a Wally, but doesn't 25k sound better?

If the S/SS promoters can keep this going, get more product sponsors on board for round wins/loses etc, make it fun with the rules still in place, why anyone wouldn't support it is beyond me....

Chris Avaritt

Last edited by Crisco; 04-07-2021 at 06:27 PM.
Crisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked