View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #16
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: DP #24 Engine failure....

Quote:
Originally Posted by art leong View Post
I tend to think the valve hit the piston after the problems with the rod started. Maybe the rod bolts stretched causing the hit.
If the bearing looked good but there was heat showing on the rod could side clearance have been a problem? The bearing should have been toast way before the rod showed heat.
Side clearance looked good before chassis dyno....didnt look after but cant imagine that much lunch after engine dyno....looked good was checked , but I just dono, what makes 1 fail faster than another, clearance.........

The rod bolts stretchin could have cause a hit I guess, anything over 080 would have caused an exhaust hit, in the pics though, well for it to hit that square in the pocket it still had to be attached to the rod I think and it was a tdc when it happened, but streched bolts, certianly I think now, didnt before....or a shelled bearing maybe.

The force at which it hit causing the valve train damage....thats whats got me puzzled....
Chris "Drooze" Wertman 3132 (F/SA 2009 Challenger Drag Pak #24 with a best of 10.59)
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote