View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 11:53 AM   #3
nhramnl

Liked 352 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: Crower enduramax lifter issues

[QUOTE=Mike Pearson;603401]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Graham View Post
I had 2 Enduramax lifters fail in a very short time. The bushings failed. I called Crower and ask them about the problem. This was their response.
These things are no good for Super Stockers because.
1. Wont support over 800 lbs over the nose spring pressures.
2. Can't use synthetic oil.
3. 0 weight oil is a no no.
4. No oil restrictor allowed
I ask why I couldn't find this information before purchase. They immediately threw their distributor under the buss. Claiming it was their fault . I couldn't find the information on the Crower website either.
But,for a bargain basement price of $400 they will put needle bearings in the lifters. I am very disappointed in their product and especially their service.[/QUOTE

From what I have been reading on other web sites most engine builders are staying away from the bushing lifters. I had no issues with Crower needle bearing lifters when I was running them. I have Morel Needle bearing lifters in my engines and have been very happy with them as well.
Agree. Even the Jesel guys say that the bushing revolution is not necessarily something they support or recommend. Their position seems to be that bushings are just different, but not necessarily better than needle bearings.
nhramnl is offline   Reply With Quote