Thread: Contingency
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 10:08 PM   #5
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 334 Times in 132 Posts
Default Re: Contingency

A couple of years back I stripped most of the decals from my Stocker; many were redundant and they were hiding some neglected paint scars. I felt the need to start with a fresh landscape. A visit to NHRAracer.com gave me the most current contact information for the contingency sponsors that I wanted to reach for fresh stickers. I wanted to be prepared for my first Divisional, and sought to avoid the possibility that the support trailer was missing some of them. I wrote the following letter and sent a copy to 10 manufacturers.

Good day,

With hope that ACME Acceleration Specialties will continue to participate in the Lucas Oil Series contingency program in 2022, I would very much appreciate receiving a pair of decals to represent your company.
The recent restrictions on cross border travel have prevented us from racing in the US, but we are optimistic that we have put that behind us,
and look forward to starting the season in February.

Thank you for your support of NHRA drag racing!

Best regards,

Wile E. Coyote

To date, I have been acknowledged by 6 of the 10 recipients, and of those, received decals from 4. One of the respondents explained that their entire supply had been sent to the NHRA...surprising, but so be it. To my surprise, a couple of the companies sent 2 sets - just in case.

I went through this exercise primarily to test the accuracy of the contact information, but I will also be comparing the results with the names of the brands that have been notorious for slow follow through on payouts.
Dave Turner #1153
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked